Wednesday 13 September 2017

Spots 101: How to Cover up Acne and Scarring

Hi again! I thought I'd do a quick little post on my best tips on how to cover up spots and spot scarring for school because it's something I've been really self conscious about the scarring on my face left from spots and really struggled to cover them up, but now I think I've found a way to cover them up well enough that  feel more confident at school when I'm actually wearing far less makeup that I used to which I really like, as it's easier to do and doesn't take me half an hour like it used to!



Because I have a face like an oil slick I always use primer or I find every piece of makeup slips completely off my face. My favourite primer is the Nivea Men's Aftershave Balm, but I've ran out of that so now I'm just finishing the both of these up and then I'll buy it again.
Right now I'm switching between the Rimmel Fix and Protect Primer and the Benefit Porefessional, and they're okay I suppose, but they just aren't as good and when I come home I find my makeup has slipped off my face a bit by the end of the day and it doesn't look as good as it usually would with my Nivea primer, so I would definitely recommend that over these ones!


If I hae time, I'll do some colour correcting using the NYX Conceal and Correct palette. I've completely used up every scrap of the peachy shade for under my eyes, so I just use the yellow under my eyes and the green on -you guessed it - my spots.This really helps take away some of the redness and makes it much easier to cover up!

Okay, so recently I've completely scrapped wearing foundation - kind of. Now all I use as a base is the L'Oreal Infallible Total Cover Foundation, but I only use it in tiny amounts and only pin point conceal (I don't think that's the proper name for it but we'll just roll with it) small areas of my face that I want to conceal. So I only end up with a thin layer on a small patch on each cheek and my chin and maybe one or two other spots on other areas. Then I just add some of my Collection concealer under my eyes and that's my base done!

Then we're onto power, which is another product I find essential for me! I go between a few just now, I'm about to finish my thousandth pan of the Rimmel Stay Matte powder, the last bit of the Soap and Glory One Heck of a Blot Powder, which I've repressed so many times, and finally my Technic Loose Powder which is really good.I don't bake or anything like that, I mainly just do a thin layer on the oiliest parts of my face and I'm good to go! 


Now onto the brushes I use! I started using these brushes after Melanie Murphy (who has such a good youtube channel by the way!) done a video ages ago of how she covers up her acne.
They're all by Real Techniques, and are from the Eye Starter Set.
First I squirt some of the L'Oreal foundation onto the back of my hand and use the Accent Brush to add the product onto my spottiest and reddest areas, and then I'll go ahead and gently blend the foundation out evenly over the areas with the Base Shadow Brush and the Dome Shadow Brush. I do build up a few layers if I have a particularly stubborn spot, and this does take some time to do, but I'm so happy with the way it covers that I'm quite happy to spend a little more time on my makeup!



So that's how I cover up my spot scars for school! I know it was quite short and simplistic, but I thought I'd do a little post on it to maybe help people who have the same problem covering up spots as I do.
Also, I'm really sorry I haven't been active on any of my social medias or replying to any comments, I've been so busy for school and just type up posts late at night and then publish them and don't make time to do any other blog-related things (although I probably should make time!)

Anyway, thank you again for reading this post and I'll see you next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment