Wednesday 15 June 2016

Kylie Lip Kit - Full Review and Swatches!


Hello! So, I gave into the hype - I purchased a Kylie Lip Kit. I had seen everyone rave about these, and after watching 1001 reviews on them and staking Kylie's snapchat for swatches, I decided to order one. 
When they originally came out at the end of last year, I wasn't very intrigued, but when I saw the new shades she brought out, I knew I had to get one! I ordered Koko K, and after having it for almost a month I've got a lot to say about it!




I think the reason it took me so long to get my hands on one of the lip kits was because Kylie normally releases them at times where I'm either sleeping or at school. Then she randomly decided to restock at 11pm BST, and I decided that it was just meant to be!
In terms of actually getting onto the site, and adding the kit to your basket and typing in your details as fast as your fingers can go, it's stressful. I got a real feeling for how Katniss must have felt in the Hunger Games. 
After they were ordered, it took around 2 days for them to be shipped, and then I had to wait around 10 days for it to arrive. I was surprised by how fast it arrived, as I had heard people waited for over a month for theirs to arrive.
I didn't get a custom charge, which I was so happy about! I knew the charges were a bit hit and miss, some people got them and other's didn't. 


I tried this on as soon as I got it, as I was so excited! When I first applied the lipliner, I was a bit terrified that it would be too pale and wouldn't suit me, as the shade of the lipliner is slightly lighter than the actual liquid lipstick. But as soon as I applied the liquid lipstick, it was absolutely fine and I was so happy with how it looked! 

The lipliner is so nice, it feels really creamy and glides on really smoothly, and the liquid lipstick goes on very smoothly and evenly, and it feels really lightweight. Koko K is a really pretty pinky nude shade, which I much prefered to Candy K, which is more of a brown-y nude. I think this suits me really well, and I've been getting a lot of use out it in the past few weeks!


I find that this is so long lasting, I can apply this before I go out, and I can come back and it's still almost the exact same as when I left. 
I stayed at my friends a few weeks, who has Candy K, and I swatched my Koko K and her Candy K on the back of my hand to compare them that morning, and when I went home the next day the Koko K swatch was still perfectly intact and hadn't smudged or flaked at all!
I do find that after a few hours, you do get that white line around the inside of your mouth, but the lip kit is easy to re-apply. 

As I said earlier, they're a dream to apply, as they feel so silky, and they feel really thin and lightweight after they've dried down and turned matte. And they don't dry my lips out at all (well, at least not on me anyway!). 
I'd say that they take around a minute to turn matte and set into place, and when they set into place, there's no budging them!

In terms of removing them, I find the only thing that easily removes it is the Body Shop Camomile Cleansing Butter, which I just rub on my lips and then use a damp muslin cloth to remove the product. 


However, as with every makeup product, there are some things that aren't so good about this. For one thing, I do find that this can settle into the little lines on my lips that I didn't even know I had. But I find that this can be easily solved by applying lip balm beforehand!

Also, I find that this can flake a little on the inside of my mouth after a few hours and feel slightly gross, but I just wipe the flaky bits away with a tissue and then reapply, and I'm good to go!

Also, there is the big disadvantage of how hard they are to get. I managed to get this on my first go, but as they aren't stocked in shops, you just have to stalk Kylie Cosmetics on Twitter and follow Kylie's snapchat for updates on restocks. 

Overall, the total for the lip kit and shipping was $43.95, which is around the £30 mark. I don't think that it's too overpriced, as I would pay around that for a lipliner and lipstick from MAC.

And I also don't think that a lipliner is essential to this kit, if you're using a liquid lipstick then I don't think a lipliner is needed, as a liquid lipstick is made to be more long-lasting than a regular lipstick. But none the less, I will be using both of these products to death!

Swatches:
Swatch of Koko K in natural light! Please ignore my hair arms, I'm secretly a gorilla.)

Koko K with a flash! Again,ignore my hairy arms!
So would I repurchase? Yes, I think I would! I've got a few more on my wishlist - Posie K, Kourt K, 22, and Mary-Jo K! But I won't be ordering then anytime soon though - I'm on a spending ban!

I hope you liked this post and I hope it was somewhat helpful! I am really impressed with my lip kit, and even though has some cons, I think the pros far outweigh the cons! 
Do any of you have a lip kit or want one? If so, what shades? I want to know! 

And before I go, I've decided that since my exams are now over (YAY!) I have load sof spare time and I'm going to start blogging twice week now! That's right, two posts a week of my bad humour and rambles!

I'll see you soon!

10 comments:

  1. Lucky you for getting one on your first try! That colour looks devine. Im still on the fence with them, I just really dont want to play the game of will I won't I get custom charges lol.

    Themakeupartistschoice.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was terrified of getting a custom charge! My two friends got one and they ended up paying about £42 for just one lip kit, so I'm a bit apprehensive to order another one! And I really love Koko K, it's such a pretty shade!

      Robyn x

      Delete
  2. I've heard hit and miss about this product, as people tend to compare it with Colourpop Ultra Matte Lip. Have you tried Colourpop Ultra Matte Lip? Some people said this is the overpriced version of that Colourpop liquid lip ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never tried Colourpop, I'm from the UK so it's really difficult to get Colourpop so I can't compare them! And I've heard mixed reviews about this too, but I really like mine!

      Robyn x

      Delete
  3. I really want to try these but they are so hard to get! Every time I have been on the website they have sold out! This colour is so nice though X
    -Alice
    alicejlorna.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know it's really difficult to get one, you really have to stalk the kylie cosmetics twitter account for restocks! And I do really love Koko K, it suits pale skin really well!
      Robyn x

      Delete
  4. My Posie K came the other day i loooove it so much!
    Love Vicki | victoriajanex.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahhh! I'm so jealous, I really want to order Posie K!
      Robyn x

      Delete
  5. Great review, Robyn! I didn't ever consider purchasing a lip kit until reading this post. Your photography definitely won me over. Those colors are gorgeous. I love them! Definitely going to look into this product. Looking forward to your next post. x

    https://guiliannamarie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! And you should get one, I think they're totally worth the money!
      Robyn x

      Delete