Wednesday 22 June 2016

Current Beauty Favourites - June 2016


Hi! Since my exams are all finished (Hurrah!), I've been wearing makeup again, which can I say, feels so good! During exam month, I rarely wore even concealer, and now, smearing layers upon layers of makeup onto my face just feels great. 
Since I've been wearing makeup a lot recently, I've gathered quite a few favourites and I thought I would put it all together in a big post for you all!



For base, I'll start off with the L'Oreal Lumi Cushion Foundation! I got this about two weeks ago after hearing loads of people talk about it. I won't talk too much about this, as I'm uploading a review on it in a few weeks time, but so far I am loving this! It has really light coverage, which I'm really liking at the moment, as my skin is starting to clear up (finally!). It also feels really thin and smooth when you apply it, and it's really easy to build up to a higher coverage! It is a really glowy foundation, which I'm not really into, so I have to use a lot of powder when I use this. I've been wearing this loads since I got it, so expect a glowing report from this soon!

I've also been loving the NYX Conceal and Correct Palette, which I picked this up last month when I was getting into colour correcting. I absolutely adore this palette, I find that I always use this whenever I do makeup, as it helps cover my red scars from spots and dark circles so well! The concealer lasts all day and when I come home from school the spots are as well covered as they were that morning! I get the most use out of the green (to cover spots and redness), the peach (for dark circles) and the lilac (for dark, dull parts of the skin). I absolutely love this palette and I think it's great for anyone who's having trouble covering up spots and redness on the face.


I've also been using the Benefit Hoola Bronzer loads in the past few weeks. I had abandoned this after I got my Makeup Revolution Contour Palette, but now that's been pushed to the side and I'm all about Hoola right now! This is a really pretty bronzer which I love to use to give me a really subtle contour and bronzes my skin so I don't look like a complete ghost. I don't have the full-size of Hoola, I just have a mini which is from the Benefit Cheeky Sweet Spot Blush Palette that came out a year or two ago. It also blends really nicely, I'm not left with a really harsh orange line when I apply it with a brush and it's really easy to take it down a notch when you apply way too much of the bronzer.

I also have been used the Balm Mary-Lou Maniser loads in the past few weeks. How did I ever manage without this? I've neglected my poor MAC Soft and Gentle Highlighter for so long because I've only been using this. Mary-Lou is much paler and more champagne toned, whereas Soft and Gentle is more golden toned. This highlighter makes me feel like a glowing goddess, and I honestly feel like Nikkie Tutorials when I start posing and turning my head at different angles so my highlighter pops. I like to apply this with the Real Techniques Fan Brush, as it applies the perfect amount and this helps me channel Nikkie-vibes even more.


For eyes, I've cracked out my Naked 3 Palette by Urban Decay again. I adore this palette, it's one of my favourite makeup bits that I own. Recently this is all I've been using as eyeshadow, and I nearly always use the same shades. I like to use Limit (pale matte pink) all over the lid, and then Nooner (darker matte pink) in the crease, with a bit of Dust (really heavy pale pink glitter shade) and Burnout (Pink toned shadow with a lot of shimmer) on my lid on top of Limit and in my inner corner. 


I have also been loving the L'Oreal Telescopic Mascara, which I got for my birthday. I asked for it after I heard so many Youtubers and bloggers saying how good it was, and I am not disappointed. I think this is probably my ideal mascara: it lengthens, adds volume, curls and doesn't flake and comes off easily with makeup remover. I find that one coat (or two if I'm going all-out) of this is enough, and my lashes look amazing. On my right eye, my lashes grow straight and can never hold a curl, but with this mascara, they're lifted and it looks as though I've got eyelashes on both eyes instead of one!


I have quite a lot of lip favourites, sorry! My top lip favourite is definitely the Kylie Lip Kit in Koko K. I won't go on about this too much, as I posted a full review of it last week, but it's safe to say I am completely obsessed with this! It's the perfect pinky-nude shade for me, and it feels really light and smooth after you apply it, as though you aren't wearing anything on your lips. It also lasts all day too, and is really easy to re-apply. 

I've also been obsessed with the MAC Lipstick in Velvet Teddy. I think I mentioned this in my April Favourites, and I'm sorry for mentioning it again, I'm sure you're all sick of everyone rambling on about this lipstick (I know I am!) I thought I would just give this a quick mention as it''s the lipstick I generally wear to school everyday. It's a matte brown-toned nude, and it just looks so pretty and lasts for hours!

Also, I've been using the NYX Butter Gloss in Angel Food Cake loads. I got this while I was down in London a few weeks ago, and I've worn it so much since I got it. It's a darker, pink shade, and it's actually really pigmented for a gloss, and the colour lasts for ages on your lips before you need to re-apply. The Butter Glosses also feel really smooth and nice to apply, they aren't really thick, and aren't too sticky, which I like.


The last two lip favourites are both from L'Oreal! The first is the L'Oreal Colour Riche Lipstick in J Lo's Nude. I love this lipstick, I wear it all the time, and I think that it suits me really well. It's a pinky-toned nude (can you tell I'm into those kind of lipstick shades?), and is really glossy. I love pairing this with MAC's lip liner in Boldly Bare, and it feels really smooth and creamy to apply!

Lastly, I've been loving the L'Oreal Colour Riche Extraordinaire Gloss in the shade 101 Rose Melody. This is a really pigmented pink gloss, and I love wearing it on it's own or over the top of other lipsticks or lip liners. I also really love the applicator that it comes with, as it's really big and feels really nice to apply to your lips. This gloss is quite sticky, which doesn't bother me too much, and feels a bit thick when you apply it, but again, that doesn't bother me at all!
So that is all of the beauty products I've been loving recently! I know this was a long post, and I'm sorry if I rambled too much! 
What beauty products have you all been loving recently?
I hope you liked this post, and I'll see you soon!

Also, give me a follow on Bloglovin, I'm almost at 100 followers!

8 comments:

  1. Lovely post! The NYX palette looks good and so does the Kylie LipKit!! xx
    www.blossomofhope.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love so many of your favourites too! The Hoola bronzer is the best and I've wanted the mary lou manizer for so long now, everyone just loves it!
    -Alice
    alicejlorna.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Hoola, it's such a good bronzer! And Mary Lou is my favourite highlighter everr! xxx

      Delete
  3. That NYX Conceal palette looks so nice! I need to try that out x

    Love Vicki | victoriajanex.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so good, it really works and helps cover up the spots and redness on my face! xx

      Delete
  4. Nice post! I really want to try theBalm Mary-Lou Maniser, it looks so pretty.
    Róisín
    totallyro.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank youu! Mary-Lou is the best highlighter ever! xx

      Delete