Wednesday 6 July 2016

What's in my Bag? - Summer Edition


Hi! I've never done a 'what's in my bag' before, so I thought since I recently got a new bag I would show you what I keep in it!

My original plan was to do another 'What's in my Carry-On Bag' like I done last year when I went on holiday, but when I went to photograph everything, it's was all practically the same as what I took last year, so I decided to do just a normal what's in my bag instead!




My current bag is from Primark, I got it a few weeks ago and I think it cost me around £10, which I think is really good! I've been looking for a mini backpack for ages but they're all quite expensive, so when I saw the price of this, I picked it up straight away!
The little fluffy keychain didn't come with the bag, it came with the Ariana Grande perfume set and I attached it to make the bag look less boring. 
The bag is really big inside, it has two little pockets and a small pocket with a zip, as well as a big open space where I throw everything into. 



I carry a few beauty bits with me, the first being concealer. The one in my bag is the Seventeen Stay Time Concealer, which I don't really like, but I'm trying to use it up! If I have  really bad breakout, or my undereye circles are particularly bad that day, I can just top up my concealer on the go (not that this concealer does much, it's awful!)

I usually carry some sort of lip product around with me. In my bag I have MAC Velvet Teddy, which is probably my favourite lipstick at the moment, it's a matte brown-toned nude and I wear it all the time! 
I also carry a lip balm, because sometimes when I'm out my lips get really dry and disgusting, and a matte lipstick is the last thing I want to put on! This is the Maybelline Baby Lips in Minty Fresh, and this saves the day when my lips go flaky!

I also carry two little perfume bits: the first is a rollerball of the One Direction Our Moment Perfume (don't judge!). I only really carry this about as it's a rollerball, and is really small, I don't want to be heaving a whole bottle of perfume around with me! I also have this little perfume sample, and I have no clue what the name of it is or who it's by, as the little bottle doesn't have any writing on it, but it smells really nice and whenever I get a little sweaty I can just apply one of these, which is great because no one wants to smell of BO!


I also carry a little mirror around with me, because who knows when you'll need a mirror? I'm one to normally be told "Robyn, you've got mascara all over your eyes," or "Robyn, your hair's a mess,", so a little mirror comes in handy!

A hairbrush is an essential for a bag, I have really frizzy hair that just cannot be controlled, so I have to use a hairbrush on a regular basis so my hair doesn't look like something a bird would lay its eggs in. 

And then I carry a little black bauble and some kirby grips for my hair, as I'm prone to losing both of these, and I use them all the time!


Obviously, I carry my purse around with me, this purse is from New Look, and I think it looks really pretty! I normally carry all of my little points cards around with me, the three I have in the picture are the Superdrug points card, The Body Shop points card, and a Debenhams beauty card. I do have a Boots card, but I seem to have lost it. Good one, Robyn.

 And I also carry a little hand sanitizer and hand cream around with me. This hand sanitizer is from Bath and Body Works, it's called Warm Vanilla Sugar, and the Hand Cream is Soap and Glory's and Food, which I love. I'm a bit of a germaphobe, so I run out of this sanitizer pretty quickly! And the hand cream is a recent edition to my bag, as my hands and skin around my nails is really flaky and dry, so I'm trying to get myself into using hand cream a lot more.

I also carry a sanitary pad, because who knows when you'll be caught short? This is handy to carry around for both you and your friends, they'll be thanking you when you're the one to save the day when they get caught short without a pad!


We're getting to the point of the post where the contents of bag are getting rather boring, so I'll keep the rest of it short!
I always carry a pen about with me, because, same as the mirror, who knows when you'll need a pen? What happens if you need to sign something, or write something down, or meet a celebrity and need them to sign something? Okay, maybe not the last one but a pen is very useful thing to carry around!

I'm a bit of a chewing gum addict, I always need a packet with me as I hate when my breath is really bad, or to refresh my mouth after I eat! In my bag just now I've got an empty packet (clearly I was too lazy to find a bin) and a packet with about 3 bits of gum left, so I'll have to top it up soon!

Probably the weirdest thing in my bag is a little foldable fork. I'm not sure how I got this, I think it was in some sort of lunch meal in Tesco, and I thought it would be a good idea to keep the fork in case of emergencies (I'm not entirely sure exactly what emergencies I would need a foldable fork for, but it's these in case there is one.)

I also carry a little plaster with me, in case I get a paper cut or my shoes are hurting my feet or whatever. I swear I'm like a granny, carrying plasters and portable forks in my bag!


I carry my headphones in my bag, as I'm always watching Youtube or listening to music! These are just the Apple ones, and they're really good.

I also carry my keys, for obvious reasons. I don't really fancy being locked out of my house, so I carry my keys and 10 millions keyrings in my bag with me.

Last, but not least, I carry an umbrella with me, because I live in Scotland, and the weather is pretty much 98% rain and 2% sun, so an umbrella is a very handy thing to carry about with you!
So that is everything I carry around with me in my bag! I hope this post wasn't too boring! I know these 'What's in my Bag' posts are usually Youtube videos, but I thought I'd give it a try doing it in blog post form!
I hope you liked this post, and thank you for reading!

Follow me on Bloglovin 
Follow me on Twitter

19 comments:

  1. Love this bag! I really need a little rucksack so Ill be checking out Primark!
    Love the post hun, I do enjoy being nosey haha xx

    themakeupartistschoice.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Primark is my favourite shop ever, 90% of my clothes are from there! x

      Delete
  2. I love reading posts like this as I am quite nosy! Your bag is gorgeous as well! x

    Kate// katerosexo1.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I love the bag, Primark do some really good ones, although if you can't find it, New Look and Topshop do some similar ones I think! x

      Delete
  3. I really want a small backpack but the closest primark to me never has anything good in, I really need to start carrying a mirror with me rather than always using my phone haha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to use my phone for ages until I got a little mirror! And no matter if I don't like a lot of the thonhs in Primark, I always go in for one or two things and come out with ten haha! xx

      Delete
  4. Your bag is so cute! x
    http://beauty-voguex.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  5. This has reminded me to put a hairbrush in my bag haha, I always forget to take one! The backpack is so lovely and I always have to have a hand santiser with me too. Leonie x
    https://prettyrainclouds.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm a bit funny when it comes to clean hands, I use hand sanitizer all the time, it's an essential!! Haha xx

      Delete
  6. I love your purse it is so cute!! Primark has the greatest steals. Super cute post! xoxo

    https://guiliannamarie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your bag! I am definitely going to have to hunt for it in Primark xx
    www.blossomofhope.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The bag should still be in, I only got it a few weeks ago! And thank you! xx

      Delete
  8. I've been looking for a new mini backpack as well, I'll have to go to primark and check this one out, such a bargain! I always carry my hairbrush around with me too, my hair gets too tangled not to!

    The Velvet Black | UK Style & Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'd love to try MAC velvet teddy, and the range of affordable bags in Primark is so good!

    Mind checking out my latest post - it's all about how I styled up an LYDC bag!

    Alice x
    girlabroadblogs.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's such a pretty mirror, it's so feminine and cute! Lip balms are essential for me!
    Charlotte // www.charlottespicks.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I literally take plasters EVERYWHERE with me! everyone thinks I'm mad haha!

    Grace xx

    www.gracebee.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  12. All of my friends end up calling me mum because of all of the supplies I have in my bag just in case! Anybody cuts themself I've got them sorted haha! Love the Primark bag as well!
    Rachel
    loveeverythingsparkles.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete