Sunday 10 July 2016

Current Everyday Makeup Routine


Hello! It's been a while since I done an everyday makeup routine - I think the last one was in November. Recently, I've been doing my makeup always using the same products, so I thought I would do a little roundup of the products I've been using recently. 

Obviously, I do not wear this makeup everyday, I mostly just wear this at the weekend when I'm going out, but My-Current-Makeup-Routine-That-I-Only-Wear-at-the-Weekend doesn't really have the same ring to it as 'My Everyday Makeup Routine', does it?

Anyway, I hope you like this post, and it's not too rambly!



For base, I always start off with the Nivea Men's Post Shave Balm. I use the sensitive version, which I think is the one that everyone recommends. I jumped on the bandwagon with this, and I'm really happy that I did, because this holds my makeup on like no other primer, I can leave my house in the morning wearing makeup and come home from school and my makeup hasn't moved at all! This is a great primer and I would recommend it to anyone!

For foundation, I decided to add in two, as I'm currently going between the both of them depending on how much coverage I want. The L'Oreal True Match is my favourite foundation ever, it's amazing and gives really good coverage without looking cakey and lasts all day. It's in what I think is the palest shade, which is really good as I struggle to find foundation that suit my skintone! 

If I'm looking for a foundation with more coverage, then I'll always go for this, whereas if my skin is good or I don't want to feel like I'm wearing a lot of makeup, then I like to wear the L'Oreal Lumi Cushion Foundation. I done a review on this last week (here), so I won't go on too much about it, but this foundation is really good, as it provides a really light coverage, although it's buildable if you want a bit more coverage in some areas. It also feels really weightless and smooth when you apply it, and it blends really well, and lasts for ages!


For concealer, I've been loving using my NYX Corrector Palette. I've mentioned this in quite a few posts recently so I won't go on too much about it, but this is amazing if you struggle to cover up spots or redness. The green concealer is by far my most used concealer, as I have a lot of spots right now, but I also use the peach under my eyes and the lilac on any parts of my skin that are really dull. This palette was £10, and I'll definitely be repurchasing this when it's done, as I can't do my makeup without it now!

I've also been using the good old Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer, which I repurchased a few months ago. I love this concealer, it covers spots up so well, and lasts all day and doesn't crease under my eyes! Sometimes I use my MAC Pro Longwear Concealer if I can't be bothered wearing a lot of makeup, but I don't use it on a daily basis as it's expensive!

I always powder my face, if I don't, I always look as though you could cook a fry-up on my face by lunchtime! Right now, I'm using the Soap and Glory One Heck of a Blot Powder, which I must say, isn't as good as my Rimmel Stay Matte. I feel like I have to re-apply this throughout the day, because within a few hours, my skin goes really shiny whereas I never had to reapply with the Stay Matte Powder, I'm just going to use this until it's done and then I'll just go back to my Rimmel one, unless any of you have any recommendations?


For bronzer, all I've been using recently is the Benefit Hoola Bronzer. This little bronzer is from the Benefit Cheeky Sweet Spot Blush Palette, which was a limited edition palette from around two years ago (although Benefit have brought out a similar palette recently). This is a really good shade for contouring and bronzing, and I normally use a stippling brush to apply it, which makes sure I don't go overboard and look like a cheesy wotsit.

For blush, I usually go between the five blushes in this palette, although my favourite are Rocketeur (a mauve-y shimmery pink), Sugarbomb (a mid-toned shimmery pink that goes with every makeup look!) and Coralista (a slightly brighter, shimmery pink). 

The only highlighter I've been using recently is the Balm Mary Lou Manizer! I got this a few months ago and it's the only highlighter I've used since. My poor MAC Soft and Gentle highlighter has been pushed to the side, so I should start using that more! Mary Lou is a shimmery champagne toned highlighter that just makes you look like a glowing goddess!


For brows (yes, there's finally a category for eyebrows!), I've been using the Makeup Revolution Ultra Brow Arch and Shape. This is a double ended product, with a pencil on one side and a pen on the other. I use bot of these to kind of brush through my brows to make them more defined. 

After that, I go over my brows with the Maybelline Brow Drama, so set them in place and add a bit more colour to them. I still have absolutely no clue how to do my eyebrows, but my method right now is to just shove some product through them and hope they look okay!


For an eyeshadow base, I use the Maybelline Colour Tattoo in Creme de Rose, which I've heard is a really good dupe for the MAC Paintpot in Painterly. This is so good as a primer for your eyeshadow, it makes your eyeshadow last so much longer and feels really smooth to apply. It's roughly the same shade as my skin, so it's easy to blend with my skin and it covers up my veiny eyelids. I do always have to set this with a powder after I apply it though, otherwise I find it a bit difficult to blend eyeshadow on top of it.


For eyeshadow, I've only been using the Urban Decay Naked 3 Palette! I mentioned the look I normally go for in my Current Favourites post, but my favourite shades from this are Dust (a chunky glitter), Nooner (a dark pink matte), Liar (a shimmery rose-gold shade) and Limit (a matte pale pink shade). To be honest, I love every single shade in this palette, and I use it all year round. This is probably my most favourite eyeshadow palette, it's so beautiful!



After I finish with eyeshadow, I always apply a thin line of liquid eyeliner to my upper lashline. Right now I'm using the Rimmel Scandal Eyes Liquid Eyeliner Pen, which I really like, at first I wasn't too keen on it, but now I really like it! And if I'm feeling daring, I'll attempt a wing. I've recently started doing my wing using some sort of shop card (eg, The Boots Advantage Card!), and I've been finding it a lot easier to achieve a wing!

I've also just started using the Primark Beauty Kohl Liner in Nude in my waterline. I bought this a few weeks ago after I saw Eve Bennett talk about it in a video. It was only £1, so I just bought it without thinking, and so far, I really like it! It suits my skin tone, so it's not as stark and strong as a white eyeliner would be, but it still really brightens up my waterline and makes me eyes look bigger. 

For mascara, I'm still using the L'Oreal Telescopic Mascara! Again, I've mentioned this way too much, so I won't ramble too much, but everyone needs this mascara in their life, it's amazing! It adds so much length and volume and holds a curl so well! I can see myself repurchasing this again and again because I think it's probably the best mascara I've ever tried!



For lips, I've only been using my Kylie Lip Kit in Koko K. I'm sorry for mentioning this yet again, how many posts in the past month have I spoke about it? 
Anyway, this is a really pretty nude-y pink shade, that sits really comfortably on the lips and lasts for hours without flaking or fading! I sometimes use the lipliner too, although sometimes I just use the liquid lipstick without and it still looks and acts the same. 
Again, I'm sorry for constantly mentioning it, I'll try and restrain myself for the next few weeks!
So that is my current makeup routine! I hope you liked this post, and feel free to leave a comment saying one of your favourite makeup products!
Thank you for reading, and I'll see you soon!

16 comments:

  1. I don't wear makeup but the Naked 3 palette is so gorgeous! Lovely post xx
    blossomofhope.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank youuu! Naked 3 is just so photogenic and gorgeous, I love it haha xx

      Delete
  2. I am a big fan of L'oreal foundations! I am really dying to try their cushion foundation but sadly, it isn't available in my country yet. Will try to get some of your face products as well and see how it works for me. Like this post!
    poshmakeupnstuff.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I love L'Oreal foundations too, they're so good! And you should try out the cushion foundation when it's available in your country! x

      Delete
  3. Lovely post, Robyn! I really want to get my hands on the Naked 3 palette. It has such beautiful colors! xx

    https://guiliannamarie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank youu! You really should get it, I use mine all the time, and the shades are all so pretty! xx

      Delete
  4. Gorgeous set of products! I love the Naked 3 palette x
    Morgan | www.justmorgs.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! The Naked 3 palette is just so pretty, I love it so much haha x

      Delete
  5. Loved reading this and seeing all of the different products☺ I love my Naked Basics palette and the Naked 3 palette looks absolutely stunning! Leonie x
    https://prettyrainclouds.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Naked 3, it's so beautiful! I haven't tried any of the basics palettes, but I've heard they're really good! x

      Delete
  6. These are some wonderful favourites! I also love the Loreal Match Perfection foundation and the collection concealer is just great! I really want to try a kylie lipkit though!! x
    -Alice
    alicejlorna.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love my Kylie lip kit, it's so good! I love L'Oreal foundations, they're so good! x

      Delete
  7. Nice post! I have always wanted to try out some of Primark's beauty range, some it looks amazing.
    Róisín
    totallyro.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I really want to try out more of Primark's makeup, but everyone seems to be doing those sorts of youtube videos/blog posts right now so I might wait a while before doing a post trying it all! x

      Delete
  8. Lovely post, I really want to try that Nyx corrector palette! x

    Kate//katerosexo1.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! You should try it, it's really good! x

      Delete