Sunday 17 July 2016

10 Under £10

Hello everyone! Sorry this post is up a bit later than usual! This is a bit of a last-minute post, as I had originally planned to do an OOTW from my holiday in Greece (which I'm just back from, by the way), but that didn't really go as planned, because 1. I can hardly dress myself properly, 2. 99% of my clothes are either from Primark or New Look, and 3. I'm just too lazy.

Anyway, I thought I would put together a little 10 under £10 post as I do love drugstore makeup, and I thought I would show you my favourite products!



First up, is the Nivea Men Post Shave Balm in Sensitive. Yes, I jumped on the bandwagon with this, after hearing loads of people saying that it's an amazing primer and keeps makeup on all day. This really does work, it's the only primer I use, and it's so amazing at holding your makeup in place. It also comes with so much product, and it's only around £3.50 (although it's around £5 from Boots). This is one of my favourite makeup products ever, it's so good and works really well with my oily skin!

The Body Shop Shade-Adjusting Drops in Lightening. These are an absolute life-saver for us pasty-white people! This is basically a bottle of white foundation with a little dropper that you mix in with your foundation to lighten it. I use this all the time, as I have a few foundations that are a shade or two too dark and this makes me use them so much more and I've been loving using foundations like my Rimmel Lasting Finish Foundation which were too dark for me before! They also do darkening drops, which darken foundations, but I can't really see myself finding a foundation too light for me anytime soon, so I don't need those! This is £10.

I can't seem to stop using the NYX Correct and Conceal Palette. I'll try and stop talking about this so much, but it's hard because I just love it so much! This works amazingly at counteracting spots and redness and I can't seem to do my makeup without using it now! It's looking a bit worse for wear now, as I use it almost everyday, but I'll definitely repurchase this when it runs out! I use every shade in this palette apart from the  two concealer shades at the bottom, which are too dark for me (naturally), but for £10, it's so worth the money!

Also for base, I had to mention the good old Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer. I won't go on too much about this, but this is an amazing concealer if you're looking for really high coverage. I use this all the time to cover up any spots, redness, or dark circles and it just works so well for the price (£4.19!).

Lastly for base, I just adore the Max Factor Creme Puff Blushes. I have two shades: Lovely Pink and Seductive Pink. Lovely Pink is well used, it was my go-to blush for months and was all I used! The both of these are just so pigmented and look so pretty on the cheeks. Seductive Pink is a slightly darker pink shade, whereas Lovely Pink is much lighter, and has shimmer in it which gives you a bit of that healthy glow that everyone loves! These are a bit pricey compared to other drugstore blushes at £8.99, but they're so worth it!


The Maybelline Colour Tattoos are another favourite! I have 3, but my favourite by far is Creme de Rose, which is a skin-toned shade which I use before eyeshadow to conceal my veiny eyelids. This makes my eyeshadow last all day, it doesn't fade at all and everything looks the same as it was after wearing eyeshadow all day. I can't do eyeshadow without wearing this, as my oily eyelids let the eyeshadow melt off of my eyes and it's gone within a few hours.

I also love the Makeup Revolution Iconic Pro 1 Palette. I asked for this for Christmas, as it is an exact dupe of the Lorac Pro Palette, which I wanted really badly. I took this palette on holiday with me, as I can use every shade easily and create loads of different looks. Every shade is incredible pigmented, and this is the palette I use all the time for eyeshadow, as it's so high-quality. This is only £6.99, which is so affordable and so well-made, just like the majority of Makeup Revolution products.

There's loads of mascaras under £10 that I could mention, but my favourite is definitely the Maybelline Rocket Mascara. This is so good at everything: it lengthens, volumizes and holds a curl really well. I do like the L'Oreal Telescopic a tiny bit more, but that's around the £11 mark, so I thought I would mention this mascara, which works really well too. I don't really think it's worth spending the money on a high-end mascara, as there's ones just as good from Boots! 



For lips, I highly recommend the Rimmel Exaggerate Lipliners. I have two, East End Snob (mauvey pink) and Red Diva (a classic red). I use these lipliners all the time, especially East End Snob. I use this all the time, whether it's on its on, or paired with other lipsticks or glosses! These are so nice to apply, they feel really creamy and doesn't dry out your lips, and they make your lip product you apply on top last so much longer! I do get more use out of East End Snob than Red Diva, but whenever I'm wearing a red lip (which I'm going to admit, isn't too often), then Red Diva's the lipliner I apply before any lipstick so it doesn't smudge or fade!

The last product is the Soap and Glory Sexy Motherpucker Gloss Stick in Nudist. I love this. Again, this has been carried in numerous pockets and bags, so it's very battered and worse for wear. This is like my go-to nude lipstick, it's so pretty, it's like an orange-y nude that is so glossy and long-lasting. I wear this to school all the time, and it feels really moisturising on and I think it would suit loads of different skin tones. My gloss stick is really short and stubby now, and it's almost finished, so I have to pick up another one soon!
---
So that was my 10 under £10 post! I hope you liked this post, I'm sorry it's up a bit late!
What are your favourite drugstore products? I want recommendations!

Thank you for reading, and I'll see you on Wednesday!

12 comments:

  1. Lovely post!
    Mia | https://my-world-vibes.blogspot.pt

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post,I'll have to try the Body Shop colour drops x

    emmajaneswann.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love reading these posts, I have never heard of the rocket mascara, have I been living under a rock? x
    blossomofhope.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, maybe you have, I've only ever really heard American youtubers talking about this though! x

      Delete
  4. I love the Makeup Revolution palettes! Have you tried the blush and highlight ones? They are so good x
    -Alice
    alicejlorna.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't tried any of their blush or highlight palettes, although I really want to, they look so pretty! xx

      Delete
  5. The Collection Lasting Perfecting and Nivea Post Shave balm are such classics. Those Rimmel lip liners look lovely, might have to try them! Lovely Post!
    Grace xx
    http://gracexkate.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! You should try the Rimmel lipliners, I love them! xxx

      Delete
  6. Maybelline Colour Tattoos are so good, I use one almost everyday! Love the Makeup Revolution Palletes as well! Loved this post. Kearra xx
    http://differentsense.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Makeup Revolution is one of my favourite brands, their makeup is so good! x

      Delete