Sunday 3 July 2016

L'Oreal Nude Magique Cushion Foundation Review


Hi everyone! I've seen a lot of people talking about the new L'Oreal Nude Magique Cushion Foundation that came out a few weeks ago, so I thought I'd jump on the bandwagon (as I always do) and do a review!

And also, before I start the review, I just thought I would say that I'm currently on holiday as you're reading this! I'm in Greece, so the next few posts are all pre-written, so I hope you like them!



When I bought this foundation, it was on an introductory price of £9.99 in Boots which I thought was a really good deal, since it's normally £14.99. I do think £14.99 is a bit much for a drugstore foundation, but after seeing so many people review it, I justified buying yet another foundation by saying I'd do a review of it.
I do think it has a good range of shades, as I've said before, I'm really pale and I normally struggle to find a foundation light enough for me, but I'm in the shade Porcelain, and it suits me really well!

My first impressions of this were very positive! I had never tried a cushion foundation before, so I was really curious as to what it would be like. When I first applied it, I thought it was really lightweight, and applied really smoothly. It does have a very light coverage, which I'm surprised to say I really like, as I'm used to a heavier coverage foundation!


In terms of applying this, I prefer to use my Real Techniques Expert Face Brush, it's really dense and applies and blends the foundation really well. 
I did try using this with the Real Techniques Sponge, but I didn't really like it as I felt it didn't blend the foundation out very well. 
With the Real Techniques brush, I usually just do a couple of dabs into the compact and then apply it onto my face. I do find that I have to go back into the compact a few times to top up my brush, but I think that's just because I was trying to build up the foundation. 
The foundation does come with a little sponge, which I haven't actually tried, as I don't usually like the sponges that come with products, but I'll try it out soon!


I really do like this foundation, I'm bringing it on holiday with me as it feels so lightweight, you can't feel it on the skin. It also lasts all day, it doesn't fade or slip away during the day! Although I haven't actually tried this with a primer yet, so I'm not sure how it would last without it!

I also find that this foundation is really easy to build up. If I have some redness or spot scars on my face, I can easily layer the foundation over them to make it a higher coverage without looking cakey or thick. This foundation has a very thin consistency, which I really like.


However, there are some things I'm not too keen on. This foundation is very dewy and glowy, which I'm not a fan of. Of course, this is no fault of L'Oreal, this is just my personal preference. I have really oily skin, so dewy is not the way I want my skin to look, I like to look really matte! So I do have to use a more dense powder brush and a lotta powder to control the shine that this foundation has! However, that doesn't bother me too much, I just have to top up my powder throughout the day!

Overall, I'm really impressed with this foundation! I've been wearing it to school loads recently and I really love how lightweight and smooth it feels! It doesn't cake up, doesn't slip off my face, and has a really nice light coverage. Even though I do have to use a lot more powder than I normally would with it, I still love it and it's one of my favourite makeup products right now!
Thank you for reading! I hope this review was useful in some way! Have any of you tried this foundation? What do you think of it?

I hope you enjoyed readng this post, and I'll see you soon!

Buy the L'Oreal Nude Magique Cushion Foundation here

Follow me on Bloglovin 
Follow me on Twitter

8 comments:

  1. This was such a great review Robyn! You've made me want to try this foundation myself even more now! x

    Kate// katerosexo1.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And you should, it's really good! x

      Delete
  2. Ah, I wish they sell it here already! This sounds perfect for my dry skin!

    Jorj | Mad Cherry

    ReplyDelete
  3. This foundation looks so good! Lovely review xx
    www.blossomofhope.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great review I might buy this for the summer! Could you write more reviews on your blog as I love reading them? X
    http://thepastelstyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!
      And I'll try and do much more reviews in the future, I love doing them! xxx

      Delete
  5. There is so much buzz surrounding this product all over YouTube and the blogosphere! Yet another honest, and informative review.

    Mind checking out my latest - it's all about my recent adventures in Poland!

    Alice x
    girlabroadblogs.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete