Wednesday 8 June 2016

The Empties - Episode 2


Hello! I haven't done a product empties post in ages! I realised that it was probably time to do another one when the drawer I keep my empties in was beginning to get a bit hard to close! I'll do another one of these in a few months, as I've got many more empties just sitting in my drawer!



For skincare, I've got three products to show. The first is pretty boring, it's the Simple Light Replenishing Moisturiser. This has been sitting in my drawer for months, which is disgusting! I bought this little travel size to take with me when I went to Belgium on a school trip last year, and I've repurchased it since, and use it everyday. It's really light (as the name suggests) and sinks into the skin really quickly, and doesn't make you feel greasy! I'm currently using it during the day and at night, as my skin's broke out quite badly and this is the only moisturiser that I can wear!

I've also used up a bottle of the Lush Prince Charming Shower Gel, which I bought in Lush's Valentine's Day range last year. Again, I've repurchased this, as I love the smell! It smells really sickly and sweet, so I definitely wouldn't recommend this if you aren't into those types of scents. I do love Lush's shower gels, as they all smell so good and the smell lasts for ages after you use them! They can be quite pricey though - it's around £16 for 500g, so I tend to just buy the smaller sizes!

The Benefit Refined Finish Exfoliating Facial Polish is another product I've also used up. I got this in a Benefit Skincare Set, which comes with minis of their best skincare products. I got quite a few uses out of this, and I really liked it! It made my skin feel so soft and clean, and it got rid of any dead skin and made my skin look really glowy and bright. I most likely won't buy the full size, as the full size is quite pricey, but I do have another mini of this, which I really need to open.


For makeup, I finished up what is probably my tenth Rimmel Stay Matte Powder. I have since bought the Soap & Glory One Heck of a Blot Powder, but I loved the Stay Matte. I loved how it kept me matte all day, and made my skin look really flawless when I used it. I did sometimes find if I went a bit crazy with it, it would look cakey, but a few sprays of a setting spray kept it under control. This technically isn't finished, but it cracked and is really messy to use, so I decided to just add it in.

I also used up the Maybelline Master Precise Liquid Eyeliner, which lasted me well over a year. I really loved this eyeliner, it lasted all day and it made my attempts to do winged liner sometimes successful! I've used up two these, and decided to try a new eyeliner instead, so now I'm using the Rimmel Scandal Eyes Micro Eyeliner, which I don't like as much! I'll most likely just go back to this Maybelline one after the Rimmel one dries up! 

I've also used up The Rimmel Lash Accelerator Mascara. I think I've went through three of these and I really love it! It's a really good drugstore mascara! It isn't my favourite mascara, but I would definitely recommend it! It adds a lot of length, and separates my lashes, but doesn't add that much volume. I might repurchase this in the future, but for now, I'm happy trying out lots of different mascaras.


For nail polishes, I've got two to show in this post. The first is the Nicole for OPI Matte Top Coat. I bought this around two years ago, and that's it just dried up now, which I think is quite impressive. I really liked this, it had a huge brush and made my nails matte and dried the polish really quickly, which I loved. I probably wouldn't repurchase it though, as I think I'm going to pick up the matte coat coat from Barry M soon to try it out. 

I also finished up Essie's Lilacism. I think this is my favourite nail polish shade ever, it's a pretty pastel purple and I wear it all year round! I'm onto my second bottle of this and I use it all the time! Essie is y favourite nail polish brand and I can say that this is a definite repurchase!

Those were some of my empties! I'll try to do these more often, as I do hoard a ridiculous amount of empty things! 
I hope you liked this post, and I'll see you soon!

5 comments:

  1. Great post! That Essie nail polish is so pretty! I don't know how many Rimmel stay matte powers I have been through- it's great!

    Thrifty vintage fashion

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm using a Soap and Glory powder just now, but I don't love it as much as Stay Matte so I'll probably go back to it when I finish this one! x

      Delete
  2. I love Simple but I haven't tried the one you mentioned so might have to try that xx
    www.blossomofhope.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the look of the Essie nail polish, I have never been able to finish a nail polish, but I am so motivated too (wierd right?).
    Grace xx
    http://gracexkate.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I run out of nail polish all the time! I've got about 4 empty bottles sitting in my drawer right now! And I love finishing up things, it feels so satisfying! x

      Delete