Wednesday 25 February 2015

Get Ready With Me: Dinner Edition



Hello everybody! This week I'm going out for a big family dinner, and I plan on going all out on make up! I'm going to be wearing a dark red lip, which is way out of my comfort zone, but I'm determined to bite the bullet and actually go outside wearing a lipstick that isn't a nude or a pale pink!


Base:


Primer- For primer, I'm using the Benefit Porefessional for my primer, because when I use this, my make up stays on for so much longer and my foundation goes on so much smoother.

Foundation - I'm using the Rimmel Lasting Finish 25 Hour Foundation (Ridiculously long name, I know!). I love this foundation because it has good coverage, and it stays on for ages. This foundation is a teeny tiny bit darker than my skin tone, but it won't be that noticeable as I'll be in a restaurant all night!

Concealer - I'm using the Maybelline Fit Me Concealer and using it on any blemishes and my crazy dark circles under my eyes! I really like this concealer because it's really creamy and easy to blend, however, I do find it creases a bit under my eyes. 

Powder - I'm using the Rimmel Stay Matte to powder, as I have quite oily skin, so I do not want shiny skin! This powder is so good, as stays on for a good few hours, so I won't be bringing it with me for touch ups! 


Cheeks:


Blush & Contour - I'm using the Benefit Cheeky Sweet Spot Blush Palette which was limited edition for Christmas, so I don't think you can buy it any more, sorry! I'm using the Hoola Bronzer to contour, and then Sugarbomb for my blush! I love this whole palette so much, the Benefit blushes are so pigmented and stay on for ages! 

Highlighter - I'm using the Benefit 'Girl Meets Pearl' highlighter. It's a very gold shimmery colour, and it looks so pretty on the cheeks! I don't really use this very much, unless I'm going out, but I really need to start using it more! 

Eyes:


Eyeshadow - I first prime my eyelids using the Benefit Stay Don't Stray, I always use this to prime my eyes because it has a little bit of coverage, so it helps cover up any discolouration around my eyes. I always use a primer with my eyeshadow as I feel as if my eyeshadow won't last the whole day, because my eyelids can get a bit oily. 
For eyeshadow, I used my Naked 2 palette from Urban Decay. I first use 'Booty Call' and apply it all over my eyelid. I then use 'Tease' and put in my crease and blended it out. I then took 'Snakebite' and applied it to the outer half of my eye and crease and blended it out. Lastly, I took 'Foxy' and applied it to my inner corner.

Eyeliner - I'm using the Maybelline Master Precise Liquid Eyeliner Pen to add a small wing and to thicken the look of my lash line. This eyeliner lasts all day, and this is the second one of these I'm using. I'm not the best at eyeliner, so I've ended up sticking strips of tape to the sides of my eyes where I would want my wing to go, and it helps so much! I always seem to end up with a near-perfect flick! 

Mascara - I'm using the new Benefit Rollerlash for mascara, and this is officially my new favourite mascara! I'm posting a review of this mascara next week, so I'll try not to go on too much! It makes my eyelashes look so long and thick! This is just the mini bottle that you got in Elle magazine, but when this runs out, I'll definitely be buying the full size! 


Lips:


Lipliner - As the lipstick I'm using is very dark and bold, I felt I needed to use a lipliner with it. I'm using the Rimmel Exaggerate Lipliner in 'Red Diva'. I love how this feels on my lips, it's creamy and doesn't drag on the lips. 

Lipstick - The lipstick I'm using is the Rimmel Kate Moss Lipstick in 107. I've heard so many Youtubers and bloggers rave about this, so I thought I would try it, even though it's a lot darker than any other lip product I own. It's a dark red, matte colour and I've worn it out once before, and it lasted the whole night! 

So that is the make up that I plan on wearing! I hope you enjoyed this post, leave a comment telling me what you think and I'll try my best to reply to you!
I have also changed my upload day from a Sunday to a Wednesday for now, as I find it a lot easier to work around! Thank you for reading!
See you next week!

Follow me on Bloglovin here! 






No comments:

Post a Comment