Wednesday 17 June 2015

Beauty Haul // May 2015


Over the past month, I've been shopping quite a bit! I received mostly money and vouchers for my birthday, and there was a few (!) things I wanted to purchase and try out. Just a warning, this is going to be a long post!
Also, sorry for not posting last week, I had a big biology test in school and I was studying and didn't have time to post!



My most recent purchase was the L'Oreal True Match Foundation. I have the shade C1 Rose Ivory which is a really good match for my skin. I have heard so much hype over this foundation by bloggers and youtubers, and I've been looking for a good go-to foundation for so long, as my Rimmel Lasting Finish is slightly too dark for me right now and my Benefit Hello Flawless Foundation is almost finished. This was £9.99 from Superdrug, which is a bit more than the normal drugstore foundation. I've only used this a handful of times because I only got it around two weeks ago, but so far I am very impressed by this foundation! It gives really good coverage without looking cakey, it looks very natural and is longlasting!
I also bought one of the Max Factor Creme Puff Blushes in the shade Lovely Pink. I've mentioned this blush in quite a few blog posts recently, so I'll keep it short! Lovely Pink is a pale pink colour, with a marbled effect in the pan and looks very natural on the cheeks. It's a perfect everyday blush and I wear it all the time!
I also repurchased a new Rimmel Stay Matte Powder because I've hit pan on my current one and I wanted to have a backup. I also purchased it so I could take one to school to touch up my make up throughout the day!



In one of Fleur de Force's recent videos, she done a collab with Nikki Phillippi and in the video, she was talking about an eyeshadow from Seventeen which looked so pretty. When I saw Nikki use it, I knew I had to have it! However, when I went to buy the eyeshadow in Boots, I saw another shade from the range and I knew I had to have that one too! So the one at the left hand side is Rose Quartz, which is the one that was used in Fleur's video. It's a sparkly, taupe-y colour and it looks so pretty when you apply it! The one on the right hand side is Funfair, which is a sparkly pink-y colour and looks a bit similar to the kind of shades in the Naked 3 palette and these were both £3.89.


Believe it or not- I don't usually fill in my eyebrows, or even get them done on a regular basis. So to tame my brows and to fill in my eyebrows a little bit, I bought the Maybelline Brow Drama to see if that would do any good. At first, I wasn't really impressed and half wished I hadn't bought it, but as I used it more, I began to quite like it. It adds a tint bit of a tint to my brows, and keeps them in place all day.


Oh I do love buying lip products. These two lipsticks in particular, have been on my radar for months now. I had been looking for MAC Brave lipstick for months, it was always sold out so my mum had to order it online for me. But it was so worth the wait! Brave is a rosy, natural pink and has a satin finish. It's also supposed to be one of the lipsticks Kylie Jenner wears, (Which was totally not the main reason I bought the lipstick...)

The very first thing I bought after my birthday was my YSL Rouge Volupte' Shine lipstick in 09. Can we all just take a moment to appreciate the packaging? Yes, it may have been £23, but it was worth every single penny. This is is a peachy nude colour, it feels very moisturising on my lips and smells really nice! I've been wearing this so much since I got it, and I'd really love to try another shade from the Rouge Volupte' line.

I had asked for the new Real Techniques Sculpting Brush for my birthday, but my mum wasn't able to get it as both Boots and Superdrug were sold out. I had seen the Sculpting Set on the Real Techniques website, but I didn't really see the point in getting it as I was only really looking for the Sculpting Brush. But after my birthday, I was in Superdrug and I saw the Sculpting Set and as soon as I saw it, I knew I had to have it! In the set, there is the Sculpting Brush, the Setting Brush and the Fan Brush, which was exclusive to the set. The set was also limited edition, which was another reason I felt the need to buy it! I use all three of the brushes; I use the Sculpting Brush to contour, the Setting Brush to set my under eye concealer, and the Fan brush to powder or highlight. I love this set of brushes and I'm so happy I bought them!

The lighting went really odd in this photo, I'm not sure why!

So that is everything I have bought recently! I'm so happy with all of my new things and I might do a few reviews on some of the things I bought.
I'm now trying to restrain myself from wandering down the make up aisles in Boots. We'll see how successful that is...

Follow me on Bloglovin here
Follow me on Twitter here





2 comments:

  1. Those brushes look amazing! I love that the colour isn't matte like the rest of the Real Techniques brushes!! I'm going shopping tomorrow, I think I might have to pick them up!! :D
    Siobhan xx
    ahandfulofsparkle.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you did pick them up haha, I love them!♡

      Delete