Wednesday 3 June 2015

MAC Soft and Gentle Review



Two of my friends bought me the MAC Mineralised Skin Finish in Soft and Gentle for my birthday a few weeks ago, and I was beyond happy when I opened it, because I had been lusting over this for months! I always feel like a proper beauty blogger when I wear this, as it feels so fancy and luxurious. I thought I would put together a review of this highlighter as I have became obsessed with it over the past few weeks!


This highlighter is around £21 I think, and personally, I think it's worth the price. A few months ago,  wasn't really into any kind of cheek products, I rarely wore blush, never mind contouring or highlighting. But now I'm suddenly obsessed with highlighter and blush, and I always feel a little gleam of pride when I see a beauty blogger or youtuber using this. It's sad, I know.

I usually apply this highlighter with the Real Techniques Setting Brush or a massive eyeshadow blending brush that I got in a brush set from Primark. It looks quite glittery when you first apply it, but when you're outside and the sun hits your cheeks, you literally look like you're glowing! It gives such an amazing golden shimmery glow and it looks so pretty no matter how much or how little make up you're wearing. I normally wear this to school and it looks so pretty on.

I was recently in MAC and my friend was getting her make up done and the make up artist applied Soft and Gentle to her cheeks, and then decided that it was too dark for her and used a different highlighter on her instead. My friend is roughly the same skin colour as me, she's also really pale and I felt so confused when the lady said that the highlighter was too dark. I've seen youtubers use this and they're also really pale and it seems to look fine on me? I'm still a bit confused but I still wear it all the time!


It lasts all day, if I go to school in the morning,  and get home in the late afternoon, the highlighter is still there, but I sometimes find that it isn't as prominent as it was in the morning. I wear primer everyday, so I'm not sure how this would last without one. 

Advantages: Is very pretty on the cheeks, gives a healthy glow, looks good on paler skin tones.(I'm not sure about darker skin tones as I'm very pale!

Disadvantages: Is quite expensive and can sometimes fade throughout the day.
So that was my opinion and review on the MAC Mineralised Skin Finish in Soft and Gentle. I hope this was helpful in some way! If you've tried this product, please leave a comment and tell me what you think of it!

Follow me on Bloglovin here
Follow me on Instagram here
Follow me on Twitter here



4 comments:

  1. I absolutely love this highlighter, it was the first one I bought and it's lovely. Great review :)

    Sarah x
    sarahinwonderland.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! This was one of my first highlighters too!♡

      Delete
  2. LOVE this highlighter, its so stunning!
    xprincessjas | ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it? I'm so obsessed with it haha♡

      Delete