Thursday 23 July 2015

The Roundup #1 - New Instagram, Being the new Kylie Jenner & Too Faced Palettes



So, I've been thinking about starting a new thing on my blog where one a month I upload a chatty kind of post. I could be talking about anything beauty related, or I could do some sort of a Q & A? Right now I wouldn't get a lot of questions as I don't have that many followers, but if any of you have any questions, then you can leave a comment asking me any sort of question. It can be beauty related, about me, or anything you want! So, I have a few things to chat about, so grab a cup of tea, some biscuits, and get comfy!


The Palette I Owned For a Day

Okay, so last week, I was out shopping with my friends, and the three of us all decided to buy the Too Faced Natural Eyes Palette. I thought that it could be really handy for me, as I am going on holiday soon and I could just slip the palette in my make up bag and it wouldn't take up much room. When I got home, I kept looking at it and  was so happy I bought it and couldn't wait to use it. But the next day, I was doing my make up, and when I opened the palette, I looked over the colours and I suddenly had second thoughts about the palette. Yes, it was gorgeous, and the colours were nice, but did I really need it? It was a kind of an on-the-spot purchase, and I realised that I didn't really want to keep it. Over the next few days, I kept wondering if I should just bite the bullet and use the palette so I couldn't take it back, or should I just return it?
I finally decided to take the palette back, because I knew I didn't really need it, and I had spent £28 on an eyeshadow palette that I didn't really want. So now I have £28 on hold until I see another eyeshadow palette I like...


A New Instagram?

So a few weeks ago I deleted my Instagram because I was having some trouble with it and I just wanted to start fresh. So I have a new Instagram, which I've been trying to use a lot, so you can follow me here! I made the username different to my blog name, to be honest I'd prefer my blog to be called Sprinkle of Robyn but I don't think I'm able to change my blog name, am I? If any of you know if I can do it, please leave a comment telling me!


I'm the New Kylie Jenner

Okay, that was a big statement. I finally got a hold of Velvet Teddy by MAC, and oh my, it was worth the wait. I think I'll be doing a post on this soon, because I have been wearing this lipstick loads since I got it! I may not look like Kylie, or have her amazing lips, but I do have the lipstick and that's good enough for now.


A Big Fat Thank You!

So last week I hit 50 followers on my blog and I have 4.2k views on my blog! That might not be a major accomplishment for some people, but it is for me! Doing my blog has made me so happy and I love doing it, and knowing that there are people out there who read my posts all the time and leave comments just makes me so happy!
A few days ago, I was one of four blog blogs featured in Daisy's blog post, My Current Favourite Blogs, which you can read here. She said so many lovely things about me and my blog and it honestly made my day when I saw what she had written about me! So thank you so much Daisy!




I really liked writing this post! It felt so much more relaxed. I think I might start doing these posts more often, maybe one every few weeks or every few months? I'm not really sure but I'll try and get a proper schedule together soon!

Follow me on Bloglovin here
Follow me on Twitter here
Follow me on Instagram here

No comments:

Post a Comment