Wednesday 5 August 2015

What's in my Carry On?



So when you're reading this, I'll be on holiday in Greece! I'm typing this on the plane, as it's something like a four and a half hour plane journey and I need to find ways to keep myself amused. 


I like to think I'm a very organised person (think Monica from Friends kind of organised), so I've been looking out bits and pieces for a few weeks and been watching and reading things about what other people take in their carry on! I try not to pack too much, as I want to leave enough space for my duty free purchases... Haul coming soon.
        
     
Electronics

The first electrical item is my iPad mini, which isn't pictured because that's what I take all of my blog photos on. But my iPad is an essential for me, as I'll be using that to type out a few blog posts and take photos, and I also like listening to music and playing games on it. 
Another electrical I take is my iPod Touch, which I only brought so that I could listen to music while I'm sitting at the pool or the beach. My iPod is one of the older editions, so it still uses ios6, and it's a bit slow, but it still plays music and that's all I care about!
I always bring my DS on holiday with me!  I think this is the Nintendo DSi, I got it a few years ago when I was around nine. Yes, I may be 15, but when I get a bit bored on the plane, I usually end up playing my DS for a while, and that keeps my boredom at bay!
To listen to music, I brought my Urbanears Plattan from Urban Outfitters. These are amazing, they block out so much noise and are padded, so you can listen to them for ages without your ears hurting! I think the Plattan model has been discontinued, so you'll probably have to look on eBay or Amazon if you're wanting to get them. I also brought a smaller pair of headphones with me, these are just a pair of the basic Apple ones that my mum ordered on eBay for me and I mostly just brought these so that I can listen to music by the pool or the beach.  
       
   
Reading

When I'm on holiday, I have a bad habit of going through a book a day, which isn't really ideal when I'm on holiday for a fortnight. I have my Kindle, which I've had for a few years. I always download a few books onto this before I go on holiday. This year I downloaded 3; Finding Audrey by Sophie Kinsella, The Girl on the Train by Paula Hawkins, and Opal Plumstead by Jacqueline Wilson. By the time you read this, I will have already devoured the three of them.(UPDATE-I read the three of them in three days.)
I also brought along two paperbacks; Paper Towns by John Green and The Chosen One by Carol Lynch Williams. I'm thinking about doing a book related post soon, so let me know if that's something you would be interested in! 
I also always buy a few magazines, so this year I got Seventeen magazine, and I always buy a few more at the airport.

      
Notes & Doodling

So my first and probably my biggest obsession at the moment is my Mindfulness Colouring Book by Emma Farrarons. That's right, I bought a colouring-in book and I am not ashamed. This is aimed towards people who have busy lives and people who get stressed and anxious easily. It has really pretty designs and pictures inside, and I love to spend ages colouring a page in and I would highly recommend it! Am I acting like a fifty year old woman? Yes. Do I care? No.
I also always bring along a little notebook, this is just a Tinkerbell one I got from the Disney Shop a few years ago, in case I want to doodle or write something down.
And I brought a pencil case full of pens and pencils, all of them are usually by Staedtler, because I love the quality of their products. 
       

Liquids

I'm not sure about the airport rules where any of you are from, but in Scotland, you're only allowed 100ml of liquids and they have to be in a clear bag. I didn't pack any make up, because I never wear make up on a plane, nor do I put it on when I get off the plane. But I do pack a mini deodorant, this is the Nivea Pearl and Beauty. I also have my Benefit It's Potent Eye Cream and Total Moisture Face Cream, both of which are running dangerously low, I need to buy another one of the benefit skincare sets! I also bring a lip balm, this is just one I got in a set a while ago. And lastly, I have a hand sanitiser, this is the Bath and Body Works Pocketbac in Pink Chiffon. 
       

    
Other

I brought along my Tangle Teezer, just in case I had to fix my hair or it got knotty. I love my Tangle Teezer, it's so small and takes up hardly any room! 
I also have my sunglasses, which are far from being really cool designer ones, I got them for £2 at Primark, and I love them! I prefer big oversized glasses that cover half of my face, and these do the job. I also have my Travel Sickness Bands from Boots. I always get travel sick and feel unwell when I'm travelling, so my mum bought me these to wear while I'm at the airport and on the plane. I think they worked, I didn't feel sick or dizzy like I usually do, so I'll probably be wearing them on the journey home too.
I always have chewing gum, just in case my breath is bad or just to freshen up my mouth when I'm on the plane. I also have tissues, because who doesn't need tissues at some point?
Also, I have my purse, which is from New Look, that has my money in it. (which I mostly spent at duty free, not going to lie.)

So that is everything I took in my carry on! As I said, it will be significantly heavier when I'm coming home, as there's my duty free purchases to squeeze in and also anything I buy in Greece. 
UPDATE: There's so many fake designer things in Greece! I may or may not have gotten embarrassingly excited when I saw shops stocked with rows upon rows of Michael Kors bags.
I may need a whole suitcase just for my purchases in Greece...
Feel free to leave a comment telling me your thoughts on this post, and I'll see you soon!
                                                                       ♡
Follow me on Bloglovin here
Follow me on Twitter here
Follow me on Instagram here

3 comments:

  1. I've been looking at the plattums to buy recently and I couldn't decided wether they were worth it or not! Such a helpful post ❤️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And the Urban Ears are so worth it!♡

      Delete