Wednesday 26 August 2015

Maybelline Rocket Mascara Review


I recently got this mascara at Duty Free because I was badly in need of a new mascara and I had heard lots of things about it, so I just picked it up and I've been using it non stop since I got it! If any of you have read my disappointing products post, then you'll know I featured the waterproof version of this mascara in that, but I wanted to try give the non-waterproof version a go!


I had heard mixed reviews on this, some people had said that it gave them loads of length and volume, whereas others said that it didn't give them enough volume or length, so I was interested to see how the mascara would work for me!


The brush isn't small, but it isn't particularly huge either. It's got small little 'spikes' which seem to grab onto my lashes and coat every single one! But, as I have learned many times, the little spikes are quite hard, and it will hurt when you poke yourself in the eye!

Also, I always curl my lashes when I put on mascara, no matter what type of mascara I'm using. But I have applied this without curling my lashes, and it does curl them and make them look really long, but I much prefer to use an eyelash curler to get the best effect.

When I first applied the mascara, I noticed immediately that it was lengthening my lashes so much with only a couple of swipes of it!  
I much prefer to have long lashes rather than thick, volumised ones, this does add some volume, but not too much that my lashes look clumpy or too thick. So if what you're looking for is loads of volume, then this mascara might not be for you. 
This also lasts all day, sometimes with my other mascaras, I would come home from school to find that I had big black panda smudges underneath my eyes. But this doesn't budge from my lashes at all!

The only problem I have with this mascara is that I never seem to be able to completely remove it when I'm taking my make up off at the end of the day. I always use my Garnier Micellar Water to take off my make up, and that has always removed every bit of make up on my face, apart from this mascara. I usually cleanse my eyes twice so I can try and get it all off, but when I wake up each morning, there's always that faint black smudge under my eyes...

Overall, I think this mascara is amazing, I'm really impressed and I would definitely repurchase it in the future! It gives me all the length I want, the right amount of volume, and it lasts all day without smudging or making me look like a panda. I was very impressed and I'd love to try more Maybelline mascaras after this one!

This mascara costs £7.99 and you can buy it here!

Follow me on Bloglovin here
Follow me on Twitter here
Follow me on Instagram here




5 comments:

  1. I love this mascara, I've just finished mine and I think it is such a good drugstore mascara!
    Mary-Ann xx
    Angel Flicks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! I love trying out different drugstore mascaras!♡

      Delete
  2. This sounds great I'm always on the look out for a good mascara
    www.misslaurenmorgan.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love buying mascara, it's one of my favourite things to buy and try out! x

      Delete
  3. This sounds pretty good! Be interesting to try this one out!
    Charlotte // charbeautypicks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete