Wednesday 19 August 2015

My Slightly Late Summer Beauty Essentials


So, you're all probably thinking that this type of post is very, very late but I was going through all of my pre-written posts, and I saw this post which I had written last month and completely forgot to post it! So, here is my slightly late Summer Essentials!



I know a lot of people don't like wearing a proper foundation in Summer, and wear a BB Cream or a tinted moisturiser instead. But I love wearing my L'Oreal True Match, it gives me the coverage I want and feels so light on my skin, it feels as if I'm not wearing any foundation. If I want to go for a lighter base, then I'll usually go for my Bourjois CC Cream.
I went a bit mad on blushes and highlighters! I really love bright, glowy cheeks during the Summer! As per usual, I have my Max Factor Creme Puff Blush in Lovely Pink. I think this is one of my favourite blushes, and I won't say anymore because I have talked about this in far too many posts! Then I have my Revlon Highlighting Palette in Rose Glow which I haven't used in a while. I like to use this as a blush and a highlighter, I just use my regular blush brush and sweep it over my cheeks and it adds a really pretty glow. 
Then I have my MAC Mineralised Skin Finish in Soft and Gentle. I love this highlighter, it's quite shimmery, which I like, and when I apply it, it makes me look so glowy and alive! (As you can probably see, I'm really struggling to find another word instead of glowy.) 


For eyes, I only have two products, and they're both eyeshadows! The first one is my Naked 3 palette, which is - I'm going to say it - my favourite palette ever. The eyshadows are so pretty, and last all day. I reach for this palette loads in the Spring and Summer, and I love it. (Did I say that already?)
If I can't be bothered using a proper eyeshadow palette, then I'll usually reach for my Seventeen eyeshadow in Funfair. This has the same kind of colour that you would find in the Naked 3 palette, it's a shimmery dusty pink colour, and I've been using this loads. 


During the Summer, I do try and wear brighter colours on my lips. I'm still not that confident in going out wearing red lipstick or anything like that, but I'm slowly getting better at wearing brighter pinks and corals! The first lip product I'll be using a lot is the Rimmel Colour Rush Balm in Make Me Blush. This is quite bright, and feels really nice and light on my lips. I'll also be using my L'Oreal Glamshine in Romy loads. I've mentioned this also in several posts,so I won't go on about this. This is one of those effortless lip products I can put on before I go out the door and I know I'll be wearing this loads. 
The last two lipsticks that I'll be wearing throughout Summer is my YSL Rouge Volupte Shine in 09 and my MAC lipstick in Lovelorn. I wear both of these lipsticks all the time, they suit me really well, and are really easy to wear. 



I wear nail polish all the time, but now I'll be wearing much brighter colours as it's Summer. I'm much better at wearing bright colours on my nails than I am at wearing them on my lips! I'm not sure if anyone knows, but I'm a bit of an Essie junkie and the majority of my nail polish collection is Essie! So the three nail colours I'll be wearing loads throughout the Summer are Essie's Mint Candy Apple - a pastel mint green colour and it's a cult favourite, Tart Deco - a pale orange colour, and Lovie Dovie - a brighter pretty pink colour, which I really need to buy a new bottle of as it's almost ran out. *sobs*

So those were my Summer Beauty Essentials! I'm so sorry for having such irregular uploads recently, to be honest I have no excuse! But for the next while, I'll be posting twice a week, on Wednesdays and Sundays, so I hope that makes up for my irregular posts!

Follow me on Bloglovin here
Follow me on Twitter here
Follow me on Instagram here






3 comments:

  1. We have quite similar make up taste so ill defo check out that blusher next time im in Boots!
    Kate xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should! I really want to try out more of the shades!♡

      Delete
  2. The Revlon Highlighting palette looks gorgeous - I'd never seen it around before!!

    Rachel | Beauty and the Bird

    ReplyDelete