Wednesday 23 March 2016

A Mini MAC Haul // New Additions to My MAC Lipstick Collection



Hello! So, a few weeks ago, it was my friend's birthday and we went to MAC to get our makeup done. While we were there, I was very kindly given some money to buy some new MAC goodies. 
There were loads of things I wanted to buy - Viva Glam Ariana Lipstick? Mineralised Skin Finish in Lightscapade? An empty eyeshadow quad? A bright purple blush I would never wear? I was spoilt for choice. I finally decided on purchasing two lipsticks, which I thought I would feature in a post to show them off!



The first lipstick I purchased was Shanghai Spice. This is a cremesheen finish, which I've never tried before, and is a pinky, slightly orange-y toned nude. I first noticed this lipstick in Hannah Renee's MAC Lipstick Collection video, and I loved the way it looked on her and made a note to look at it the next time I was in a MAC. When I was in MAC later that week, there was no sample for me to swatch, so I had to run by the way it looked on Hannah and I bought it without even swatching it. 
I live dangerously, I know. 

Bearing in mind, Hannah is about 56 shades darker than me, so the lipstick looked really pale and natural on her, but on me it looked slightly brighter, and a bit orange-toned, which I surprisingly really like. It looks a bit like a glossy version of Velvet Teddy, and I've been wearing it constantly!


The second lipstick I picked up was Lustering. I've been eyeing this up for ages, but just never picked it up, as I thought it wouldn't suit me. It doesn't pick up on camera, but this lipstick is quite bright looking, which is quite a bit out of my comfort zone. It's a darker pink shade, and it's a Lustre finish, which means the colour is quite sheer, so it's good for people like me who are a bit terrified of bright lipsticks. I've only had these lipsticks for about two weeks, so I've only worn this lipstick once, but I really loved it on, it's brighter than I would normally go for, and it looks really pretty and glossy. I will definitely get a lot of wear out of this and I'm so glad I picked it up!


And I included some swatches! They're not the best, sorry! 
And please excuse my slightly hairy arms, I'm secretly a baby gorilla.




I love these shades, I'm so happy with them both and they're great shades to have in your collection. 
Thank you for reading, I hope you liked this little post! 

Do any of you own any MAC lipsticks? If so, what's your favourite? I want recommendations!
And also, do you like the new fluffy rug in my background? I bought it from Ikea recently and I think it looks really nice in photos!

Thank you for reading (again), and I'll see you soon!

2 comments:

  1. Great choices :) My favs are Velvet Teddy, Pink Plaid, Twig, Faux and Blankety. Also love Cyber for when I'm feeling like a vampire haha!

    www.kayleighkmua.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. They both look gorgeous! My favourite MAC lipsticks are Syrup, Faux and Honeylove.
    Emmy | Emmys Beauty Cave | Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete