Wednesday 18 May 2016

Huge London Haul - Makeup, Lush and More!


Hi! As you all probably know if you've been reading my blog for the past few weeks, I went to London with my mum for my birthday. While I was down there, I done a little hella lot of shopping. When I got home, I decided that I could justify all of the things I bought by showing them in a big haul! 
I did buy clothing bits and things like that, but I didn't include them because they're a bit awkward to photograph. I'm going to get onto the haul now, as it's a long one!



For the makeup side of things (the most exciting part tbh), I went a little crazy. 
My Seventeen concealer was running out, and I don't really like using my MAC concealer everyday, so I repurchased the Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer. I won't go on about this, as everyone and their cat loves this. This concealer is fab, it covers my spots and redness and dark circles, doesn't look cakey and lasts all day.

While in London, my trusty Rimmel Stay Matte powder smashed, so I had to purchase a new powder when I was down there. I was feeling spendy, and was slightly hyper due to being around too much makeup, and in my hyperness, I turned towards the Soap and Glory counter and purchased a powder from there. *cue collective gasps* Yes, that's right, I did not repurchase the Rimmel Stay Matte for the 57th time. I instead picked up the Soap and Glory One Heck of a Blot Powder! I can't really say much about this yet, as I haven't really tried yet, because as soon a I got home from London I started my exams and have hardly wore makeup in the past two weeks. But I'll let you know how I feel about it soon!

I also bought the Balm Mary Lou Manizer, which is hyped up all over blogs and Youtube. My two friends have this, and I use their ones all the time, so I decided to pick up one for myself! I love this highlighter, it gives me the best glow ever, and it lasts for ages! I was debating whether to buy this or the Nars liquid highlighter in Copacabana, but I finally decided on Mary Lou! In case you haven't realised already, I adore this highlighter, and you can be sure you'll see this featured in many posts to come!

I also finally picked up the MAC Boldly Bare Lipliner, which I've been wanting for ages. I've used this lipliner a few times since I bought it, and I'm really loving it! It goes with every nude lipstick I own, and I can see myself repurchasing this again and again.

I bought a Charlotte Tilbury lipstick, which I can boldly say is the most beautiful piece of makeup I own. The packaging is gorgeous, it's rose gold and it also feels quite heavy. I walked around the Charlotte Tilbury counter for ages stroking everything in sight, and swatched almost every lipstick there. I finally decided on the KISSING Lipstick in Bitch Perfect, which is a really popular shade. On me, it's a peachy, slightly orange-y glossy nude. I've only used this once or twice  since I got it, so I can't really say much about it yet, but I'm sure I'm going to love it. (I better love it, because it was really rather expensive!)

While I was in Selfridges, I took a look in the Beauty Workshop in was so excited to see that NYX was there. Again, I swatched everything in sight, and every time I seemed to see one of the glosses or matte lip creams  liked, it was always sold out. I eventually picked up one of the Butter Glosses in the shade Angel Food Cake, which is a darker pink shade, and bought it. It's really pretty shade, but at the time I wanted one of the butter glosses really badly and I was prepared to pick up any shade that was in stock! I have worn this a lot though, and I love it!

Lastly for beauty, I picked up the Barry M Gelly Nail Polish in Sugar Apple. I was just walking around Boots and this nail polish caught my eye. It's a bright pastel green-blue shade, which is similar to Essie's Mint Candy Apple, although Sugar Apple is a bit paler. I haven't worn this yet, but I've tried other shades from the Gelly range and I love them!


While in London, I just had to visit the huge Lush on Oxford Street. I was truly in my element walking around that store, I kept picking things up, sniffing them, and either adding them to my basket or putting them back. To be honest, there wasn't that many things that weren't in normal Lush stores, so I didn't pick up too much. For bath bombs, I picked up three: I got Frozen, which is a pale blue bath bomb. This is available in all Lush stores, but I'd never tried it so I decided to just pick it up. I also got Sacred Lotus Flower, which looks so cute! And lastly I got Guardians of the Forest, which is green. I saw a picture of this in the bath on the Lush Oxford Street's Instagram and I had to get it! I haven't tried any of these yet as I've got so much Lush stuff already from my birthday, but I'm so excited to!

I also picked up the Lush Mask of Magnaminty, which I've tried loads of times. Before I bought this, I used to constantly go into my local Lush store and ask for a sample pot of it, and I had ended up using up five or six sample pots of this, and decided that I would buy it when i went to London. I got the 125g pot, and I got the self-preserving one, because it lasts much longer and I would remember to use it. I absolutely love this face mask, it makes my skin feel so smooth and fresh and clean, and it helps with breakouts too!

I also picked up the Lush Tea Tree Toner Water, which I've been wanting to try for ages. I didn't use toner before, as I was just too lazy. But this is a face spray, so I just do a few sprays of this each night all over my face, and let in sink in, before moisturising. I' really loving this so far, and I can guarantee this will be featured in many blog posts in the future!


While in London I managed to track down the Skinny Dip store in Carnaby Street. I really wanted to pick up one of their phone cases, and it was so hard to pick one! I really wanted to pick up a few but they're quite pricey so I decided to just get one. The one I finally chose is a really pretty holographic case, with a cracked-glass kind of pattern on it, and the Skinny Dip Logo imprinted on a silver plaque at the bottom. This cost £12, which I think is quite a lot for a phone case. Since I got it and put it on my phone, I've had loads of compliments on it!

I also picked up the Blogosphere Magazine while I was in Selfridges (Which, can I say, has the most impressive magazine section ever). I had seen this magazine all over Twitter, and Lily Pebbles, who I love, is on the front cover. I thought this would be good to read to learn more things about blogging and be introduced to new bloggers. Again, I haven't properly sat down and read this yet, I've only skimmed through it a few times, but I hope it's a good magazine since I've spent about a month going in and out of shops looking for it! It did cost £5, which I thought was a bit much for a magazine, but it is really thick and has a lot of stuff in it, so I'm hoping it'll be worth the money!


I got a new purse from New Look, seeing as my last one was looking a bit worse for wear. This one is really pretty pastel pink and has little flowers on it. I love New Look, especially their bags and purses, as they last a long time and are really good quality. 

Now we come to the most exciting purchase...a notebook from the British Museum. I know, I know, a piece of merchandise from a museum isn't very interesting, but the notebook is so cute and pretty that I thought I would just include it! And anyways, who isn't sucked in to buy tacky sharpeners and pencils with 'British Museum'  printed all over them? I certainly am. I had to restrain myself from buying bouncy balls and mugs.


Ah, Primark. Primark on Oxford Street was the best part of the whole trip to be honest, it's huge. My mum and I went a bit crazy on buying clothes, but I'm not going to show them in this haul. They have a huge section for makeup and accessories and things like that, and that was my weakness, I kept picking things up that I didn't really need, but just had to have. 
The first thing I picked up was a little candle. This one is the scent Summer Rain and Forest Berries, which smells really fresh and sweet. This was only £1, so I felt that I just had to buy it.

I also bought a pack of 3 muslin cloths. I was really surprised when I saw these, and picked them up right away, as I thought these would be perfect when I'm using my Body Shop Cleansing Balm to take off makeup. They're really soft too, not rough like I expected them to be!

I also bought a brush travel case. Since when did Primark sell these? I was so happy when I saw this, as the little case I hold my brushes in when I travel is just too small and doesn't have space to fit 34 of my 'must-have' brushes in. It's a really pretty holographic design too, and has little metal clasps on the side to secure it.


Lastly, I picked up this really pretty makeup bag. I wasn't really looking for a new makeup bag, but I was walking to the checkout in Primark on my last day in London and saw it and picked it up and bought it without thinking. This is a really pretty holographic snakeskin design, which I love. It's also a really good size, it'll limit what I take when I travel so I don't feel a need to take 3 different eyeshadow palettes with me!
That was everything I bought in London. Looking at it all now, it doesn't look like much, but when you add it up, it costs a lot. 
I was going to say that I'm now on a spending ban, but just a few days ago I went into town and picked up a few new bits...oops. Now I'm most definitely on a spending ban. Well, until I see something new in Superdrug...

1 comment:

  1. That NYX Butter Gloss is an absolutely gorgeous shade - I definitely need it in my life!
    Also how cute is that Lotus Flower bath bomb! I can totally see why you picked it up :D

    Lizzie | lizziegines.co.uk

    ReplyDelete