Wednesday 13 May 2015

Top 5: Drugstore Products

Today I am going to tell you about my top five drugstore (or high street if you live in the UK like me!) make up products. I am a drugstore junkie, I love drugstore products, as they're so affordable and most of the products work very well, and you can usually find amazing dupes for high end products!
I found it very difficult to choose just five products, but I finally managed it!




I'm going to start off with the Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer, which I'll try not to talk about for too long, as you've probably seen this all over beauty blogs and Youtube! Everyone and their mother has raved about this concealer, and it's very obvious why! It is amazing at covering up spots, dark cirlcles and redness, and it's very cheap, something like four pounds from Boots or Superdrug. 

The Rimmel Stay Matte Powder is an essential make up product for me, my skin can get quite oily and shiny throughout the day. This is my third one I've gone through I think, and as you can see, I've hit pan! This is also very cheap, I think it's around three pounds, and is amazing at keeping the shine away! I don't like the packaging very much, it has a plastic lid, which opens and closes very easily, and it isn't very good for travelling. The lid of mine has already cracked and is falling apart, so it's being held together by sellotape.

I recently purchased one of the Max Factor Creme Puff Blushes in the shade 'Lovely Pink'. I have heard so much about these on Youtube, and I really wanted to buy one. I really like this! It has a marbled look, a bit like the Hourglass Ambient Lighting blushes. Mine is a pale pink, and has a slight shimmer through it. It looks really pretty on, it gives a really healthy glowing look. I might actually buy another one of these, I'd love to try one of the darker shades.

I love drugstore mascaras! I've tried so many, and sometimes they're a bit hit or miss, but my current favourite drugstore mascara is the Rimmel Accelerator Endless Fibres Mascara. It adds so much volume and length to my lashes! It isn't as good as my Benefit Rollerlash, which I actually think I am allergic to, because whenever I wear it, my lash line begins to sting and my eyes feel like they're burning, which I don't think is normal! But I really do love this Rimmel one, because my eyelashes always look amazing!

The last drugstore product I'm going to mention is the Soap and Glory Sexy Motherpucker Gloss Stick in Nudist. I heard Gabby (Velvetgh0st on Youtube) talk about this on her channel, and it looked so pretty on her, and when I saw my friend wearing it just after Christmas, I knew I had to have it! It's my idea of the perfect nude, if I don't know what lip colour to wear when I'm going out, then I just swipe this on, and I'm good to go. It's very glossy, and a little bit sticky, but I absolutely love it and I really hope to try some of the other colours in the line.

So those are my current drugstore favourites! I try new products from Boots and Superdrug all the time, so my drugstore favourites change a lot! I hope you liked this post, please leave a comment and tell me your favourite drugstore product, because I'd love to try out some new things!

Follow me on Instagram here
Follow me on Twitter here
Follow me on Bloglovin here

1 comment:

  1. I have the Soap and Glory Stick in Nudist as well! Absolutely love it, thinking of buying some of the other colours...

    http://headlinedbyhannah.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete