Tuesday 20 October 2015

The Empties - Episode One


I am one of 'those' people who shoves empty packaging in a drawer instead of throwing it in the bin, insisting that I'll need it for some kind of blog post. Well, it has came to a point where this drawer is starting to get a bit hard to close, so I looked out all of my empties and decided to do a series of posts on them. I'm going to split this into several parts as I had way too many for one post!



Skincare

The first skincare product I'll mention is the Simple Micellar Water. I bought this a few months back to compare it to my Garnier Micellar Water, and to be honest, I much prefer the Garnier one. The Simple one didn't seem to completely take off all of my makeup and I always felt as if my face wasn't properly cleansed. I had ran out of my Garnier one at the time so I just continued using this until it was finished and then went back to the Garnier one (which will be featured in another empties post!). So I probably won't buy this again, which is a shame as I love almost everything from Simple's range.

I also have the Lush Catastrophe Cosmetic Fresh Face Mask which I got at the start of the year. To be honest, I only ever get to use the face masks from Lush two or three times because I find that the product goes out of date too quick for me to finish it! I used this facemask before I went into the bath, let it set for 15 minutes and then washed it off. My skin broke out in a whole bunch of spots a few days after, so I'm still not too sure whether it was the face mask that broke me out or if it was something else. After that though, I didn't use it again!

Lastly for skincare, I have the Benefit Total Moisture Facial Cream and It's Potent Eye Cream. These are both just minis I got in a Benefit skincare set, and I have since repurchased the whole set as I can't bring myself to pay a total of £55 for a moisturiser and an eye cream! But I am obsessed with the both of these, my skin just feels so soft and moisturised and clean after I use them. 
I do dream of one day owning the full size of both of them, but until then they're on my already ten-foot-long Christmas list.


Beauty

I first have a mini of the Benefit Porefessional. I have loads of these little minis from sets, and I've opened up another mini of this, but I don't find myself reaching for it as much. I've recently realised that whenever I use this before by foundation, my makeup slips off my face really easily and I come home from school to find that I have practically no foundation or concealer left on my face. So I probably wouldn't purchase the full size of this, as I'm not completely sure how I feel about it.

I then have the Benefit They're Real Mascara. This I think, is my holy grail mascara. It does everything for me, lengthens, volumizes, is long lasting and doesn't flake. Again, this is only a mini version as I can't really bring myself to pay £19 for a mascara. I've been through a few of these mini tubes, and one day I will purchase the full size!

The last empty beauty product is the Sally Hansen Diamond Strength Base Coat, which I immediately repurchased when I finished it. This is an absolute essential beauty product for me because I have a very bad habit of picking at my nails if they aren't painted, and they gradually become really weak. I usually just add a thin coat of this to my nails, and my nails are back to normal in a few days! It also prevents my nails from staining yellow when I'm wearing a dark nail polish, which is very helpful during autumn when all I'm wearing is dark reds and purples! I can see myself buying this again and again, as it's such an amazing product and worth the money.
So this was the first episode of my product empties, which I hope was interesting to some of you! As I said before, I love reading empties posts and I hoard empty bottles like there's no tomorrow! From now on, I'll be back to my usual one post a week on Wednesdays. Since I last posted, I've been away on a school trip to Belgium and Disneyland (Possible post on that coming soon!) and then been away on holiday with my friends for a few days, so my blogging schedule has been all over the place, sorry!




No comments:

Post a Comment