Wednesday 18 November 2015

New In: November 2015


So... I've been shopping recently. What's new? Well, recently, Boots have been doing a 3 for 2 across all make up, which we all know is very dangerous for people like me. 
A few weeks ago, I was out buying Christmas shopping and I was determined to buy some presents for my family and friends. What did I end up buying? One little Christmas present and then some make up goodies for myself. Whoops...


First I picked up another one of the Max Factor Creme Puff Blushes. If you've been reading my blog for a few months, then you'll know how many times I've raved about these blushes. This one is in the shade 'Seductive Pink' and is more of a darker autumnal pink and has the tiniest bit of shimmer in it. I've been wearing this loads over the past few weeks and I really love it. 

I also bought the Maybelline Colour Tattoo in 'On and On Bronze'. I used my friend's one of this when I was on holiday with them and I ended up using it every night. When I got back, I added it to my never-ending list of things I need to buy, and when I was lurking in the beauty aisles in Boots a few weeks later, I saw this and bought it and it's practically all I've been using for eyeshadow recently. It's a shimmery dark bronzy colour that just looks gorgeous!

The next product was a blogger-induced purchase. (Let's be honest, like 90% of my beauty buys are blogger-induced.) 
A few weeks ago, The Sunday Girl was talking about an eyeshadow from Natural Collection called 'Milk Chocolate' that she claimed was the best high street shadows she had tried in a long time. In the photo, it looked like a perfect matte, mid-toned brown that I surprisingly didn't have, so I decided to pick it up. 
To be completely honest, I wasn't expecting the best quality, the eyeshadow is only £2. It feels really smooth and creamy when you swatch it, but it isn't the most pigmented of eyeshadows, I feel as though I have to build up quite a few layers of this until I get the look I want. But nevertheless, I'll continue to use it loads, because it is a really good product and blends really easily.

While I was at the Natural Collection stand, I also picked up a Moisture Shine Lipstick in 'Raspberry'. I've never really tried anything from Natural Collection as I don't hear many people talk about the range and I didn't think the make up would be any good. (I know how snobby that sounds, but it's the truth.)
I'm much more impressed with the lipstick than I am with the eyeshadow, it's a really pretty darker pink colour that looks really glossy. It's still quite bright, so I just dap a little bit of this onto my lips to make a stain, which lasts all day. It feels so smooth and moisturising on the lips and  I've been wearing it loads since I got it.
It's safe to say I won't be turning up my nose at Natural Collection any more!

Lastly, I bought the L'Oreal Colour Riche Lipstick in J Lo's Nude. I already have Eva's Nude, which I got for Christmas last year. I really like Eva's Nude but i find it can go a bit funny on my lips and sometimes I think it doesn't suit me. So I wanted a nude lipstick that I could just swipe on without thinking and it looks good. J Lo's Nude is that nude, I've been wearing this so much since I got it, and I am in love with the L'Oreal Colour Riche line. 

I really want to try one of the red lipsticks, but I'm holding myself back because I. NEED. MONEY. TO. BUY. CHRISTMAS. PRESENTS. (I'll just leave this here as a little reminder to myself.)


2 comments:

  1. Really want to try the L'oreal lipsticks!
    Looks great :)
    Jabeen x
    http://www.spilling-the-beans.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete