Wednesday 13 January 2016

30 Beauty Questions Tag


Hello again! It's been a while since I last done a tag post, and I saw this one when I was scrolling through my feed on Bloglovin and I thought it looked really interesting!
There's 30 questions (if you hadn't already guessed), and we all know how I like to ramble, so I'll get started!


1. Do you remember your first makeup item?

I can remember buying the Fanta flavoured lip balm from Claire's Accessories, which, by the way, was the shop to shop in when I was 11. I used to lather layers of this onto my lips, before licking it all off and starting the process all over again. 
When I first started to get into makeup, my first foundation, concealer and powder were all from Asda and cost me £1.50 each. I can remember the foundation and concealer being 'Shade 1' and the powder being 'Shade 2' as Shade 1 always seemed to be sold out. So I looked like a little tangerine for around six month until I upgraded to a Bourjois foundation that made me look a little less orange.

2. Describe your perfect mascara. Have you found one that fits your specification?

I think my perfect mascara would be one that adds heaps of length and holds a curl, and adds a little bit of volume. So far, I haven't found a mascara that does all this, but I will find it!

3. What kind of coverage do you prefer from foundation?

I like medium or medium-high coverage, as if I've got bad skin day, I like to have a foundation that covers everything!

4. Favourite high-end brand?

I love MAC, Urban Decay, and Benefit, but if I had to choose I think MAC would be my favourite.

5. What cosmetic brands have you always wanted to try but still haven't?

Ooh... I really want to try Too Faced, Charlotte Tilbury, Nars, Milani, Covergirl, Tarte NYX, Zoeva, The Balm and Lorac!

6. Favourite drugstore brand?

I love L'Oreal, Max Factor, Makeup Revolution and Rimmel, I can't choose!

7. Do you wear false eyelashes?

I've wore them once or twice, and I really liked wearing them! I'd probably only ever wear them at parties or at the weekend though, I don't think I could ever have the time to do false lashes for school!

8. Is there any kind of makeup you can't leave the house without?

I always have at least a little bit of concealer on when I go to school, but at the weekend, if I'm feeling lazy or I don't have time,, then I'm fine to wander about the shops and do things without a scrap of makeup on. 


9. What is your most cherished beauty product?

My Naked 3 palette or my YSL lipstick.

10. How often do you shop for makeup? Do you like to pick up items here and there or pick loads of goodies at once?

After my birthday or Christmas, when I've got lots of money and vouchers, I usually pick up loads of things, but normally, I just pick up little bits at a time as that's all I can usually afford!

11. Do you have a beauty budget or do you spend freely?

I try not to spend all of my money on beauty related products, so I suppose I do set a beauty budget!

12. Do you utilise coupons, reward cards and sales when you shop for cosmetics?

I use my advantage and reward cards religiously, sometimes I'm only buying a bottle of water from Boots and I still scan my beauty card to get points! I also have a bad habit of making my friends scan my beauty card when they're buying something so I get the points. I'm pretty devious, I know...

13. What types of products do you buy the most? 

Probably eyeshadow, lip products and concealers!

14. Is there a brand that you absolutely cannot stand?

I've never came across a brand I don't like!

15. Do you avoid certain ingredients in cosmetics like parabens or sulphate?

I don't really pay attention to those types of things, so no, I don't, although I probably should!

16. Do you have a favourite place to shop for makeup?

I mostly shop in Boots, Superdrug and House of Fraser for makeup.

17. Do you like trying new skincare products or do you like to keep a certain routine?

I prefer to keep to my regular routine, but right now I'm trying to buy a few new bits and change my whole skincare routine.

18. Favourite bath and body brand?

LUSH! 

19. If you could only buy from one brand, which brand would you choose? 

I think I would choose L'Oreal, I love their products!

20. What brand do you think has the best packaging?

I think Too Faced packaging is the best, it's so cute and pretty!

21. Which celebrity always has great makeup?

I'd say Taylor Swift, Ariana Grande and the Kardashians/Jenners!

22. Do you belong to any online beauty communities?

I don't have a clue what a beauty community is, so I'm going to say no.

23. 5 favourite beauty gurus?

This is so hard! I like Nikki Tutorials, Shaanxo, Hannah Renee', Velvetgh0st and Glitteralittle, but I have so many others that I love just as much!

24. Do you like multifunctional products like lip and cheek stains?

I've never really tried those types of products, I don't really like the  feeling of things like cream blushers on my cheeks, so I'm not sure if I would like those types of products!

25. Are you clumsy when it comes to putting on makeup?

I usually take my time and concentrate when I'm doing my makeup, so no, not really, but I do make a mess of myself when I put mascara on, so that's my letdown!

26. Do you use makeup base/primer for the eyes?

I always use a primer or a base when I put on eyeshadow!

27. How many hair products do you use on a typical day?

One I think - heat protectant if I'm straightening my hair. I don't really spend a lot of time on my hair!

28. What do you apply first, concealer or foundation?

Foundation! I find it strange that people do it the other way around!

29. Do you ever consider taking makeup classes?

A makeup class sounds quite fun, although I don't know if I'd ever do one!

30. What do you love about makeup?

I love the fact that you can change or cover up virtually anything that you don't like on your face with only a few products, and I love that you can create so many unique and amazing looks and it's a great why to show art skills or creativity!
That was a looong post, give yourself a pat on the back if you made it this far!
Please feel free to leave a comment saying something you love about makeup! 
Thank you for reading!

Follow me on Bloglovin here
Follow me on Twitter here



6 comments:

  1. I love reading tags like this, its always interesting to read peoples answers and how much the differ :) I think my first makeup item was from Claire's too!

    <3
    perfectfixations.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry for the late reply! I think everyone's first makeup products must have been from Claire's! I love tage posts too, it's so interesting to see what people's answers and things are, especially if you're nosey like me! x

      Delete
  2. Lovely post! These are great answers to the questions! I think my favourite high end brand would have to be Mac to although I still do love drugstore x

    http://thriftyvintagefashion.blogspot.co.uk/2016/01/what-you-should-do-if-you-are-in-bad.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry for the late reply! Thank you! I love drugstore products too, I use them all the time!
      I love your blog! x

      Delete
  3. great post! Lush is my number one for baths too! Do you mind if I use these questions in my blog? I'll be happy to link you!
    Katie www.blushingbubbles.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

  4. Although they can be damaging hair, a perm is your answer if you want to sport a curly Kerave Hair Hair Style on a regular basis. If you consider how much heat manipulation you need to maintain your curls every day, a perm might be less damaging in the long run. Be sure to condition your hair well pre and post perm. Find a competent hair salon and get your perm done by a professional.

    Use No Frizz Straight Making from root to end with a comb before applying heat. Use No Frizz Wave Shaping Curl Defining from root to end and allow Hair Style Videos to air dry to define curls. Apply No Frizz Straight Making throughout the day to dry ends as needed for additional moisture see more at---- http://befitandhealthyadvice.co.uk/kerave-hair-reviews/

    ReplyDelete