Thursday 21 January 2016

A Rather Large Beauty Haul - January 2016

It's January. What does that mean for me? Sales. What do sales mean? A whole lotta shopping.

Yes, surprise, surprise, I've done a little (!) bit of shopping. So, I hope you enjoy this haul, it's a long one!





I first picked up the Nivea Micellar Water, which is probably the most boring purchase in this post, but I just thought I'd add it in. I'm really liking this micellar water, possibly even more than my Garnier one, which I've just ran out of.
I also picked up the MAC Prolongwear Concealer in NC15. I have been wanting this concealer for ages, and I am absolutely loving it. It covers everything I want covered, from blemishes to dark circles. Look out for this being featured in many posts in the future, because I can't get enough of this concealer right now!
The Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge is also another new purchase. I've only tried this once or twice, but so far I really like it, it blends in my foundation and concealer really well. I'll get back to you when I have tested this a bit more, so watch out for that.


I also bought another Maybelline Colour Tattoo in the shade 'Creme de Rose'. I have three of these Colour Tattoos now, I love them, they blend so well and I use them all the time. This shade in particular was supposed to be a dupe for MAC's Paintpot in Painterly, which is very hyped-up by bloggers. I wasn't really willing to pay the whole £16 for it, so I decided to just get the Maybelline one instead. So far I'm really liking it, it's a pale, nude colour which covers up all of the vein-y bits on my eyelids and it keeps my eyeshadow on all day. 
I also bought the Makeup Revolution Brow Dual Arch and Shape in 'Dark'. Yes, I have bought yet another brow product, but I've actually been attempting to fill in my brows these past few weeks! Hurrah! I'm a proper beauty blogger!
This comes with a little crayon-like nib on one side and a felt tip-side, and I've been using both sides to try and fill in my brows recently.
I've also been needing a top coat for a while, and I spotted the Sally Hansen Gel Shine Top Coat in Superdrug, and decided to pick it up. I've only used this once or twice, as I haven't had much time to paint my nails recently, but I'm sure it'll be featured in future posts if I like it!


Yankee Candle had a huge 50% off sale on all of their Christmas Candles, so I decided to pick some candles up to put away for next Christmas. I first got Sugared Apple in the small jar, and a Christmas Cookie Tart because it's one of my favourite Christmas scents, and all of the Christmas Cookie jars were sold out, so I had to make do with a tart. But I came across a smaller Yankee Candle store, and in there, they had loads of the Christmas Cookie candles, so I immediately picked one up and bought it. Sugared Apple has more of a sweet, apple scents (As you would think) and Christmas Cookie is a really sweet, sugary, almost sickly scent, and I love it!


I went out shopping on Boxing Day (Yes, I am a survivor of the Boxing Day sales!) and I got far too excited when I saw that Lush was doing a 50% off of their Christmas Range! By the time I got there, there wasn't much left, but I managed to pick up a few bits. I first got the Golden Wonder Bath Bomb, which I've been wanting to try for ages, and at £1.98, I felt like this was the perfect time to get it. To be honest, I'm not very keen on the scent, but I know it looks amazing in the bath! I also picked up Yog Nog, because I had the Yog Nog soap last year, and I loved the scent of it. Lastly, I picked up the Butterbear bath bomb, and to be honest, the soul reason I bought this was because it was on sale for just 98p and I felt like I couldn't not buy it. I haven't used any of these yet, but I'm very excited to!


The last few purchases aren't really beauty related, but I thought I would throw them in anyway.
I popped into Paperchase at the weekend just to kill time as I'd missed my train and didn't want to hang around the stationfor 15 minutes. Well, that five minutes turned into 15, which turned into 25, and before I knew it, I'd missed two trains and was about to miss a third. Whoops. I first picked up this really cute to-do list book, as I am basically Monica from Friends when it comes to organising and making lists. It also has little checkboxes to tick when you're finished doing something on your list, and I don't know about you, but making a list and then ticking off all the little boxes is so satifying. Just me? Okay.
I also picked up this little baking recipe book, which was in a clearance stand at the door, which I got distracted by just as I was about to leave the store. This was reduced to £5 from £10, and I don't really like the outside of it much, but the inside has little markers for cookie recipes, cupcake recipes and things like that, which is honestly perfect for an organisational weirdo-turned baker like myself!


My last purchase, and probably my favourite one, is the book Face Paint by Lisa Eldridge, a famous Youtuber and makeup artist. I ordered this on Amazon, and I was so excited when it arrived! It's all about the history of makeup, and how it's changed and evolved through hundreds of years. There's also parts where she writes about famous beauty icons, like Marilyn Monroe and Amy Winehouse. I love this book, it's so interesting to read and see how makeup has changed over the years.


So that was everything I bought! I shall not be shopping for some time, my poor purse is badly injured from the amount of shopping I done! *Goes onto Boots website*
I also bought some pieces of clothing recently, but I'm thinking of showing them in an OOTD post or something similar soon, what do you think? 
Thank you for reading!


4 comments:

  1. You picked up such an amazing mix of things! I love that to do list pad! I have been obessed with them recently x

    http://thriftyvintagefashion.blogspot.co.uk/2016/01/5-seo-tips-for-complete-beginners.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love al of my purchases, although I don't think my purse does! I love to-do lists too - I absolutely love making to-do lists, it's so fun to tick off the things I've completed! I sound like I've got a really exciting life, don't I? Haha x

      Delete
  2. Fab haul - I really want to get my hands on Lisa's book - it looks incredible! xx

    Gemma ♥ | Miss Makeup Magpie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And you should get Lisa's book, it's so interesting! x

      Delete