Wednesday 24 February 2016

Congratulations, You Survived Your Prelims // Huge Haul! - February 2016

So, as you can probably see my the title, I survived my prelims! Wooo!
In case you don't know, in Scotland, prelims are like exams before the real final exams which I sit in May, which we will not be talking about today. I have enough problems trying to clear up the spots on my face which were caused by stress of my prelims, never mind the final exams.


Anyway, after my prelims were finished a week or so ago, my mum and dad took me out for dinner to my favourite restaurant, TGI Fridays, and I was surprised with a big bag of presents which they got for me because I'd worked so hard on my prelims and studying!
As well as this, I've also been treating myself to a few bits, as I worked really hard on my prelims and I was rather proud of myself for surviving them. (Not even kidding, I practically crawled out of the hall after that Chemistry exam.) 
So I thought I would show you everything I've bought and been given recently, and it's a big one, so get a huge cup of tea and get comfy!


After it being out of stock for months, I got way too excited when I saw the Makeup Revolution Ultra Contour Palette in stock in Superdrug. I'm so happy I bought this, I use it all the time. I mainly use the yellow shade under my eyes, the contour powder underneath it, and the champagne highlight on the top row, second in from the right. I won't go on too much about this, as I'm going to do a full review on this in the next few weeks!
My mum and dad very kindly bought me The Body Shop Shade Adjusting Drops in Lightening, as they knew I had been wanting them for ages! I haven't had the chance to try these yet, as I haven't been wearing makeup much this month, but I'll let you know how they are when I've tested them out a couple of times!

I was out shopping with my mum a few days ago and I bought myself two little minis from Benefit. In my local Boots, Benefit have a little stand where they have mins of some of their products for £5 each. I saw a mini of their It's Potent Eye Cream, and grabbed it, as I've went through two mini pots of this and love it. I also picked up a mini of Benefit High Beam, as my two best friends love it and use it all the time, and always tell me to buy it! I haven't tried this yet, and I'm sure I'll feature it in a favourites video if I like it!
Lastly for beauty, I picked up a mini of the Simple Kind to Skin Hydrating Light Moisturiser. To be quite honest the only reason I bought the mini instead of the full size was because the full size was £4 something and I didn't really want to spend £4 on a moisturiser (and then I went on and bought two mini Benefit products for £10...logic.)


I've already featured some of these products in my Valentines Day pamper post, but my mum and dad were very lovely and bought me the Lush Unicorn Horn Bubble Bar, which was part of the Valentines Day range. This smells really nice, it's sweet but not too sickly or overpowering. I've been restraining myself from using this for ages so I could feature it in this post!

My mum and dad also got me the Lush Lover Lamp Bath Bomb, which is also part of the Valentines Day range. This smells really similar to Unicorn Horn, and it has really cute little hearts all over it which strangely resembles little jellies...don't worry, I won't eat my bath bomb.

My mum and dad also got me the Lush 'The Kiss' Lip Scrub, which is also a part of the Valentines Day range. It has the same scent as the Price Charming Shower Gel, and it has really cute little hearts in it, which I've been told are edible. (I hope they're edible, otherwise I've got little plastic hearts floating about my stomach right now.) 

Finally for Lush, I got myself a new bottle of the Prince Charming Shower Gel, as the one I'd bought last year just ran out. This is also a part of the Valentines range, and it smells amazing. It smells like sweets and sugar, but it isn't too overpowering or sickly.
As you can see clearly here, I'm quite good for bath products for a while!


Moving on to non-beauty items, I first got this watch from my mum and dad from New Look. My mum knew I had been eyeing this up for ages now and she finally got me it! It's so pretty, it has a really thin faux leather strap with a little face and gold accents. I didn't normally wear watches, but since I got this, I wear it every day!
My mum also treated me to some new earrings from New Look. I love New Look earrings, they're so pretty and stylish. They're both rose-gold (I can feel you all rolling your eyes, yes, I am yet another blogger obsessed with rose gold. Sorry.) and are really small and dainty. To be honest, I've been looking for some really pretty earrings for a while, because I always forget to put a pair of earrings in, but if I have some nice pairs, then I'm hoping I'll be more motivated to put a pair in. 


My parents also got me some new film for my polaroid, as I was rationing the film I already had. I got two packs which have ten photos in each, so 20 shots in all. (I bet you're all amazed by my fabulous mathematics skills) I know this isn't particularly exciting, but I thought I would include it anyhow.
Lastly, my mum and dad got me some little chocolate bits, which I love. I got a little Malteasers bunny, which I've been resisting the urge to eat, and a cute little Milkybar bunny, which seems almost too cute to eat (almost.)
Thank you for reading, I know I only posted a beauty haul a few weeks ago, but I thought I would put this up to show you all the things I've bought and received recently!
Have any of you sat prelims or mocks recently?
Or if you haven't, what have you bought recently?

Follow me on Bloglovin here
Follow me on Twitter here

4 comments:

  1. great haul daisy!
    Ramsha Hashmi
    http://worldaroundramsha.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Firstly - congratulations! I bet you are so glad it's all over! And too right you treated yourself, you got some fabulous bits although I must say I'm very drawn to the chocolate hmm...

    Musings & More

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I am so relieved! And I'm the same about the chocolate, it took a lot of restraint to not eat this until I had taken the photos for this post!

      Delete