Wednesday 13 April 2016

The Roundup #3 - Exam Stress, The Kylie Lip Kits and LONDON BABY!


Hello! I thought it was about time for another chatty roundup post! I have loads of stuff to talk about about so I'll keep this into short. 
From exam stress, to highlighters, to my birthday, I have so much to tell you all so grab a cup of tea, (because we are classy over here on OhSoDaisy), and get comfy!



LONDON BABY - (Quick side note: if you don't know where that's from, then I'm sorry, but we can't be friends.) When this post goes up, it'll only be NINE days till my 16th birthday! I am so excited! You better all get your cards and presents wrapped and ready to send to me. (Kidding, but I wouldn't complain if someone did) For my birthday, my mum has booked for the two of us to go down to London for a weekend at the end of April. I cannot wait, and we're going to see loads of sights and visit places and do some major damage in the shopping department.
Charlotte Tilbury, Zoeva, NYX, I'm coming for you. Please send any recommendations my way! 

MAC Viva Glam Ariana - When I first heard that Ariana Grande was coming out with her own Viva Glam products, I was so excited, because I was expecting something like a pale pink, but when I saw that she had brought out an almost-black shade, I was really quite disappointed. But recently, I've seen loads of people wearing this and the more I see it, the more I want it. Yes, I know that I'll hardly ever wear it, but I like it so much that I'm kind of overlooking that point. It's also limited edition, which makes me want it even more! However, when I went into my local MAC store the other day, it was completely sold out (as limited edition MAC collections usually are). Oh well, back to my nudes and pale pinks I go...

The Never-Ending Highlighter Wishlist - Recently, I've been getting really into highlighters. I went off using them for a while, and I'm not sure why, but now I don't feel as though my makeup looks right unless I've got that gorgeous shimmery glow across my cheeks. I don't own that many highlighters (I'll just keep telling myself that), so I feel as though I can justify buying more. At the top of my wishlist I have the Balm Mary-Lou Manizer, which everyone and their dog seems to own. The NARS Illuminator in Copacabana, which Gabby from Velvetgh0st raves about is a close second.. It looks really pretty on and seems perfect for pale skin. I also really like the MAC Mineralised Skin Finish in Lightscapade. I already own Soft and Gentle, which is a really pretty gold shade, but Lightscapade is much better for paler skin, as it's really pearl-toned, and is really pale and shimmery. 

Exams are Ruining my Life - Well the title says it all, doesn't it? My exams start at the beginning of May, and I am stressed out to the max. I'm reminded almost every lesson by teachers that my exams are only X weeks away and I should be studying for at least 6739 hours every night. I get really confused when I'm studying, especially when I'm studying different subjects. Is Pythagoras about triangles or the heart? Is Vincent Van Gogh an artist or a chemist?
To be really quite honest, I like to just pretend that my exams just aren't happening and I just stop listening every time a teacher mentions exams.This probably isn't the best solution but it helps me not panic about them as much. I'll try and not let it affect my blog posts, and I'll try to have posts up every Wednesday at 9:00am, but no promises!

The Kylie Lip Kits - If you haven't seen at least 48 videos/blog posts on these, then where have you been? I think the Kylie Lip Kits first came out around November, and I wasn't really into them. But when they expanded their shades, and everyone seemed to be doing reviews and swatches of them, I really quickly fell in love with them. 
Koko K, Candy K and Posie K are my favourites, and I'm seriously considering purchasing one when they come back into stock. The shipping puts me off a bit though, as it's around the £15 mark, and then some people have to pay custom charges, and I've heard some people are paying around £40 for just one of the lip kits, which I think is a bit much.
I know everyone's saying that they're just exact copies of liquid lipsticks from Anastasia and Colourpop, but let's be real, the majority of people (including me!) are buying them for the name and the packaging! I'm not really interested in the glosses that she's just brought out, but I'm all about these liquid lipsticks. 
Thank you for reading! I hope you like these more relaxed posts where I can just sit and talk about practically anything to you all!
Have any of you got exams coming up? If you do, how are you coping? I'm not coping too fabulously at the moment... *laughs nervously*

And what do you think about the Kylie Lip Kits? Do you own any/want any? Let me know!

Anyway, I'll see you all next week when It'll be 2 days till my birthday! (Can you tell I'm excited?)
Bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment