Wednesday 20 April 2016

April Favourites 2016

Hello again! I know everyone seems to say this at the start of a favourites post/video, but this month has gone by so fast! I don't have that many favourites to show you, but the ones I'm going to mention are all really good ones!



Beauty

I've got a few good beauty bits to show you all! The first is the Benefit Highbeam. This is a liquid highlighter, which I've been using constantly over the past month or so. I wasn't sure if I'd like it because I wasn't too keen on the Benefit Tints, but this is so pretty, and blends in really well! It's a slightly shimmery champagne shade, which  can look really natural, but you can build it up to be way more dramatic. 

I've also been loving the Benefit They're Real Mascara, which is an old favourite of mine. I got this little mini in a set last July, and was so excited to use it again, as it was my favourite mascara. But I think this mascara works best if it's left to dry up a bit, as I feel it's too wet and doesn't really do anything spectacular for my lashes when it's first opened. I don't think it's my favourite mascara anymore, as I've tried so many mascaras which are much cheaper and work really well. But I do love this mascara, it does everything; curls, volumizes and lasts all day without smudging, and I've been loving and using it all month. 

MAC's Shanghai Spice is another firm favourite. I got this last month, and done a whole post on it and another MAC lipstick I'd bought (here) . This is a orange-toned nude, which looks so pretty. I wear this all the time to school, and it lasts for ages, and feels quite moisturising as it's a cremesheen. I've been wearing this for the majority of the month, and it's became my fail-safe when I don't know what lipstick to wear!


I've also been using the Urban Decay All Nighter Setting Spray. I have the travel size of this, which I think it actually quite big in itself. I've been using this all month whenever I'm wearing a full face of makeup, as I feel it just makes my makeup look far less cakey and more like skin, if you get what I mean. To be quite honest, I haven't really paid much attention to whether it makes my makeup last longer, I just love using it because it makes my makeup look much better. Also, you feel like Nikkie Tutorials when you're spritzing yourself in setting spray, so that's a bonus. I would definitely repurchase this when it runs out, but I don't think I would ever buy the full size, as I think the travel size is a good size for a makeup bag and it's only around £10, which is really good.

I've also been using The Body Shop Camomile Cleansing Butter almost every day in the past two months. A really bad breakout of spots on my face convinced me to start having a stricter and better skincare routine, so I used this to clean off my makeup almost every night. This makes your face feel smoother than a baby's bum (what an odd metaphor) and removes every little bit of makeup on your face and it smells really nice and fresh too. I normally make my face slightly damp before rubbing the cleanser in gently, until i look like an orange panda. Then I just wash it off with warm water and every little bit of makeup is gone. It removes my makeup far better than any micellar water I've tried before, and when this runs out (which it's starting too, there's a massive dint in the product! *sobs*), I'll definitely be running to buy more!

Lastly for beauty, I've been loving the Katy Perry Killer Queen Perfume. I got this for Christmas (here) after I sniffed it at my friends house and realised that I needed it. I've been wearing this every single day this month, and I'm trying to force myself to wear my other perfumes, because they've been neglected for weeks! As any other blogger, I'm awful with scents, but this just smells really sweet and so good, just run to your local Boots and smell this, you won't regret it!


Non-Beauty

The first non-beauty favourite of mine is Covet Fashion, which is an app. I'm not sure if this is available for Androids, as I have an iPhone, but you should definitely play it if you can, it's so addictive #notaspon. In the app, you basically enter fashion competitions, get rated on them, level up and buy clothes from real brands and vote on other people's looks. I realise this is an awful description but just go download it and give it a chance, it's so fun! I find myself staying up late to see my results on a fashion competition. Is that sad? 
(Not Sponsored, I'm just really addicted to this app...)


The other non-beauty favourite is the 'Get Weird' CD by Little Mix. I went to see Little Mix at the start of the month, and they were amazing! I've been listening to their CD all month and I love almost every song on it! My favourites are Secret Love Song, Grown, OMG, Hair and ADIDAS. I think their music has changed over the past few years, I really like and prefer the new songs they're bringing out now, they're addictive!

Lastly for non-beauty, I've been addicted to watching Thirteen, which is a BBC drama. This was on quite a few weeks ago, but me and my mum got it on Sky Catch up and we've been hooked from the start. Right now, we're on episode 4, which is really sad, since there's only 5 episodes in the drama, so I'll probably be finished it by the time you're reading this. It's all about Ivy, a girl who was abducted 13 years ago when she was 13, and she's managed to escape her captor and the drama is all about her life afterwards, how it's affected the people around her, and the police who are trying to get to the bottom of what Ivy's life was really like when she was abducted. Again, awful description, but if you can, I would definitely recommend watching it!
So those were my favourites of this month! I hope you liked this post and leave me a comment telling me your favorites of this month!
I'll see you next week! (When I'll be 16!!)

4 comments:

  1. Lovely post hun. My favorites this month have been all the highlighters lol. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And I am in love with highlighters too, I just want to smear them all over my face! x

      Delete
  2. I used to be obsessed with Covet haha, one of my associates got me hooked on it. I finally was able to escape the hold of it! I have been super into Little Mix lately, and I am so happy they are finally gaining popularity in America, it took forever though.

    Ashlee Liz
    www.ashleeliz.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm addicted to Covet, it get to the point that I'm staying up late at night so I can enter competitons and things like that! I'm such a saddo haha!
      And I agree about Little Mix, I feel as though they've only became popular in the past six months or so. I've loved them since they were on the X Factor, I'm a hardcore fan! Haha x

      Delete