Wednesday 6 April 2016

The Pink Lip Edit

It's Spring! I'm not going to lie, I've been looking forward to Spring for ages, I was starting to get sick of the constant rain and dark mornings!
I thought I would put together a post of my top pink lip products that are perfect for Spring, and guess what - there's a bright lipstick involved!


From Top to Bottom: Angel, Lovelorn and Lustering

The Lipsticks

Now, as you can see, I like MAC lipsticks. I picked out all of my favourite pink lipsticks and I realised a little too late that they were all MAC. Sorry! 
Anyway, the first lipstick is Angel, which was my first MAC lipstick. This is a frost finish, and is a really pretty pale pink shade that goes with basically every makeup look. As you can see, it's very well-loved and it has a huge dent in it where my mum has attacked it with a lip brush (Thanks mum.)


The next lipstick I love is Lovelorn by MAC. This is a lustre finish, which is great for people who are trying to get into brighter colours, as this is a brighter, perfect mid-toned pink shade. I wore this all the time last Spring and Summer, and it looks so pretty on the lips. 

The last lipstick is Lustering by MAC, which is a new purchase. I spoke about this in a post a few weeks ago (here), so I won't go on too much about it. It's a darker pink shade, and is quite bright, but quite sheer at the same time, and looks so pretty on. I've worn this lipstick loads since I bought it!



The Glosses

I am a massive lipgloss girl, I own way too many and wear them all the time. These four glosses are my favourites, and they're all perfect for Spring!
I love the L'Oreal Colour Riche L'Extraordinaire in 101 Rose Melody. I got this last year and I wear it all the time. It's a really pretty nude-y pink, and looks really glossy and lasts ages. It also feels really moisturising on. 
Another favourite is the L'Oreal Glamshine in Romy. I got this last year for my birthday, and I mentioned it in just about every post for several months.I just love this, it's a slightly brighter shade, but it's quite sheer so it doesn't look crazy! This feels more like a sort of lipgloss/lip stain hybrid, and the colour lasts for ages, and doesn't dry my lips out at all. The little applicator is really nice too, it's slightly angled and is a nice shape that makes the product so much easier to apply. 


I also really love the Tanya Burr Lipgloss in Picnic in the Park
Fun story: When I was on a school trip to Belgium last year, we stopped off at a little motorway shopping place for food and things, and there was a huge beauty outlet that I just had to go into. I saw the Tanya Burr glosses at the back, and decided to pick one up because they were ridiculously cheap. (Around the £1.99 mark) When I got home, I looked at it beside my other Tanya Burr gloss, and I think the one I picked up was fake. I know you've probably got your head in your hands right now saying "Of course it's fake, you absolute spanner, it cost £1.99 and came from a slightly-dodgy little beauty shop, did you expect it to be real?!" Yes OKAY, the thought went through my head, but it was £1.99 so I just bought it without thinking!
Anyway, I got this is October, and I wear it all the time, and my lips haven't fell off (yet). It's a really pretty pink shade and isn't sticky! I would highly recommend picking up the real Tanya Burr Glosses from Superdrug rather than picking them up from a dodgy beauty store at a motorway station!

The last lip product is the MAC Cremesheen Gloss in Loud and Lovely. This is one of my favourite lip glosses ever, it's the lip product I always go to when I don't know what to wear. It's a really pretty brighter pink shade that I wear all the time. I've heard loads of people say MAC lip glosses are really sticky, but I don't think they are at all! Loud and Lovely feels really creamy and moisturising on, and it's really pigmented! 


I hoped you liked this post! What are your favourite lip picks for Spring?
 And sorry this post is up a little later than normal, I was at a Little Mix concert last night and didn't have time to finish the post. I'm really suffering the side effects of going to a concert the night before a chemistry study day in school - no amount of concealer can cover up those ever-so-prominent purple circles under my eyes!

Thanks for reading, see you all soon!

1 comment:

  1. All of these lip colours are gorgeous and perfect for Spring!

    Emily xo
    www.emilynewstead.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete