Wednesday 19 October 2016

Skincare Routine // How I Cleared Up My Skin!

Hello everyone! This is my first proper blog post in a few weeks (last week's post didn't count, that was just me rambling away for a while).
So, a skincare routine! I thought it was about time I done a new version of this, as since the last time I done one, my skin has completely cleared up and it's all down to these products that I use every day! Well, at least I'm assuming it's because of these - I don't know what it would be because of otherwise!

Anyway, I hope you enjoy!


I'll start off with my morning skincare routine, which is really simple, as I'm always in a rush and don't have time for fancy serums or exfoliators. Also, a lot of these products are by Simple, #notaspon - I'm just too poor for expensive skincare and Simple works really well!

In the morning, the first thing I use is the Dark Angels Cleanser by Lush. This is such an amazing cleanser, and I think this is the main thing that's helped my skin. It's made from charcoal, and it's black and makes a mess all over your sink but wow is it worth it. It feels quite exfoliating, and just makes you feel so awake and alive when you use it - and it's really helped to get rid of the scarring from spots on my face. I can guarantee that this will definitely be getting repurchased when it runs out!

Next up I just move straight on to moisturiser. I normally use the Simple Illuminating Moisturiser, however sometimes I mix it with another moisturiser as this one look really sparkly on my face! I do think it works though, it's really good at illuminating my face and giving me that Robyn's-actually-alive-and-not-a-zombie look, which I appreciate!

I then rub on a bit of the Simple Revitalising Eye Roll On Gel, which makes my eyes a lot less puffy and feels really nice and cooling under my eyes. If I'm honest, I don't really know if this does much, but it feels so nice and relaxing rolling it under my eyes that I don't really care!


Onto my night time routine! This isn't particularly fancy either, but these products have really helped to clear up my skin, so I thought I would give it a mention anyway!

First, I use The Body Shop Camomile Cleansing Balm to remove my makeup. I absolutely love this cleanser, it's amazing at removing every scrap of makeup from your face! It makes your skin so soft after using it and that one little tin lasts you for ages, this is me just starting my second tin! 

If I'm feeling particularly lazy, then I just skip using the cleansing balm and use Bioderma instead. I bought this in Greece, and it's covered in Greek writing, which is slightly concerning as I'm not sure whether it's real Bioderma or not. But on the other hand, I have used over half of it and my face hasn't fallen off yet, so I think I'm safe.


Next I use the Lush Tea Tree Water, which I  bought away back in April, when I went to London. This is really good, it feels really nice and cooling when you spray it onto your face! I didn't normally use a toner before, but because this is in a spray bottle, it makes me want to use it more because it's really satisfying to spray onto my face. (I'm easily amused.)

Lastly, I use the Simple Kind to Skin Hydrating Moisturiser. I think you're supposed to use something heavier at night, but my skin broke out in spots the last time I used a thicker moisturiser, so I just stick to this for just now. This sinks into my skin really quickly, and lasts for ages.

Then, if I've got a spot, I normally apply a spot cream that I got prescribed by my doctor because a few months ago I was a big spotty mess and needed help! I would show this cream but it's got my full name and address all over it so sorry - you can't try and stalk me this time.


---

Thank you so much for reading! I hope you enjoyed this post! 

Follow me on Bloglovin here
Follow me on twitter here

3 comments:

  1. Loved this post, Robyn! I've struggled with acne ever since I was 12-13 years old. I still have some troublesome spots right before a certain time of month. I definitely want to try the Tea Tree Water from LUSH.

    https://guiliannamarie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I used to have really bad spots too but they've all disappeared! And you should try the lush toner, it's so good! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the photos in this post, they are so nice! I will definitely try out some of the products that you mentioned, especially the Simple moisturiser xx
    www.blossomofhope.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete