Thursday 31 August 2017

The Empties: Episode 4

Hi again! Today I thought I'd do a post on some beauty products I've used up, as I've been hoarding empty products for a few months ago and I thought the box I keep them in was getting a bit ridiculously full so I thought I'd make some empties posts out of them!
Before I start I thought I'd just apologise for the awful photo quality, I had to take them when I got home from school and the lighting was awful!


To start off, I've managed to use up two of the Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish. This is such a good cleanser for taking off your makeup, as it removes every little speck of makeup from your face and doesn't sting you eyes at all. I normally just rub this around my face and then remove my makeup with a muslin cloth.This is a bit pricey though, it's £15.50, and I don't fancy repurchasing it every three-ish months because skincare's a really boring thing to buy and I'm a bit of a cheapskate!
I did actually buy this after hearing loads of bloggers say it completely cleared up their skin, but if I'm honest my skin didn't clear up at all when I used this, so I probably won't repurchasing it again after purchasing something else instead which I prefer.

Next up is the Seventeen Stay Time Concealer. I bought this well over a year ago, and only managed to finish it a few months ago because I really didn't like it and didn't use it much. I found this concealer had next to no coverage and hardly covered my redness, spots or my permanent dark circles. However, I hate buying makeup and then not using it, so I used this until every last scrap was finished and then happily threw it in my empties drawer. I did find it did brighten my under eyes up a lot though and did last well, so if you only need a really light concealer then you might like this, but it was definitely not for me!


I also used up the Nivea Men Post Shave Balm a few days ago. This is my absolute favourite primer ever, it literally makes your makeup stick to your face like glue and it doesn't rub off or go cakey. I'll admit it does smell a bit like man when you first apply it, but when you rub it in the smell completely fades. It's a really big bottle and I've had it for ages but I'll 100% be repurchasing it as it's so affordable and works better than any other primer I've used. I'm currently using up a Rimmel primer that I don't like as much as this, and then I'll be buying this again because my poor oil-slick of a face is missing it...

I also finished the Primark Iconic Mascara (at least I think that's what it's called?), which I really, really loved. If I'm being completely honest, I was't expecting much from this mascara when I started using it, but it's so lengthening and volumising, and I do think it's one of the best mascaras I've used in ages! It's so affordable as well, and has a slightly more liquid-y formula which can get quite messy if you're me and manage to coat practically everything in mascara apart from your eyelashes.
Anyway, I would really recommend this, especially if you're on a budget! I would say that I would repurchase, but I really hate buying the same mascaras over and over as there's so many in Boots these days so I like to try out new ones when I can.

I completely forgot to photograph this, but I thought I'd mention the Revlon Dramatic Definition Mascara. I won't linger on this for too long because if I'm honest, I though this was a bit of a boring mascara. Is a boring mascara even a thing? I just mean that it wasn't really bad, but it wasn't really good either. There was never a time where I used this and went "WOAH! MY EYELASHES!" Do you get me? I only used this because I got it in a little set for Christmas and didn't want to waste it, but I most likely won't buy this again.


Okay so up next is the Makeup Revolution Duo Brow Definer, which I have owned for a long time. I bought this because I really wanted to get into doing my eyebrows and didn't want to spend loads of money buying different products. I really like this, as it has a brow pencil on one side and a little pen on the other. I used both of these until they were completely gone, and now I'm just finishing up a Maybelline brow pencil and I'm going out at the weekend to pick up another one of these as it's only about £2.50!

Next is the Collection Extreme Felt Tip Liner, which is my favourite eyeliner ever. This is so affordable and works so well. It's so black and lasts all day without smudging and lasted for months and months without drying out! I'm currently on my second one of this and I really can't see myself using any other liner now!


The last product in this post is the Kylie Cosmetics Liquid Lipstick in Candy K. I know, I'm crying too. This is just a mini one I got in one of her birthday collection sets last year, but this has been slowly drying up for months now and I've been in denial up until I tried to use it last week and nothing came out on my lips and I almost had a breakdown. If I had to wear the same lipstick for the rest of my life, I would 500% wear this, it's my perfect lipstick shade! It's one of those pinky-nudey-brown shades that everyone and their mum is wearing these days, but I just love it so much but can't justify ordering another one so if anyone has any good dupes, PLEASE comment down below because my little makeup loving heart misses it dearly!
---
So those were all the products in this episode of my empties! Sorry this is a bit late, I'm not going to ramble about excuses with school but that's basically why, so sorry! I'm going to try my very hardest to photograph and write about 3 posts this weekend so I can be more consistent with my posts because I'm really getting into posting on here again and don't want to fall out of it after only a few weeks!
Anyway it's getting quite late and I'm up early for school (cry for me please), so I'm going to finish things up here. Thank you for reading and I'll see you next week!

1 comment:

  1. That's so interesting how you used the shave balm as a primer - I'll have to try that one out myself.

    http://ohduckydarling.com

    ReplyDelete