Thursday 24 December 2015

The Classic Christmas Makeup Look


Hello, long time no post! I had planned to post my £10 and Under Gift Guide last week, but things came up and it meant I had literally no time to type up any posts. But I managed to put together this 'classic' Christmas look, with a shimmery gold eye and a red lip.
I hope you like this post, and feel free to leave a comment telling me what you think, or something you're asking for this Christmas!



Base:

Okay, I'm using all of the usual suspects for my base, starting with the L'Oreal True Match Foundation to cover any redness and even out my skin.
I then go in with the Seventeen Stay TIme Concealer in Extra Fair underneath my eyes and on any spots. I mentioned this concealer a few posts back, and I am really not liking it. It hardly gives me any coverage, to cover up my dark circles, I need at least two or three layers until I'm satisfied with the result. But I am determined to finish it, so I'm using it until it's done and then I'm thinking I might purchase the MAC Pro-Longwear Concealer...
And lastly, I'm using the Rimmel Stay Matte Powder in Translucent to set my makeup in place and keep me from looking shiny. 


For my cheeks, I start off by using the Hoola Bronzer from my Benefit Cheeky Sweet Spot Blush Palette, and attempt to contour my cheeks. I then use the Benefit Sugarbomb Blush from the same palette. This blush adds a really subtle and pretty flush to the cheeks, which I love. 
Lastly, I use the MAC Mineralised Skin Finish in Soft and Gentle. I apply this to the tops of my cheeks, the tip of my nose, and my cupids bow. I love putting highlighter on, I do the whole 'make a weird pouty face while applying and make a strange noise when I think I look like a goddess' thing. 


For eyes, I first start off by using the Benefit Stay Don't Stray eyeshadow primer all over my lids. This is such a good product, I sometimes use thi under my concealer to help it last longer, and it keeps my eye makeup on all day. I am running dangerously low on it though, so I'm looking for a much cheaper alternative!
For eyeshadow, I am mainly using the Naked 2 Palette by Urban Decay. I first started off by blending the Natural Collection Eyeshadow in Milk Chocolate (which I stupidly forgot to add into the photo) into my crease as a transition shade. I don't really think this step does much, but I feel like a proper beauty guru when I do it, to be quite honest. 
I then took a small amount of Tease, a matte cool toned brown and put that in the crease, before adding YDK, a very shimmery gold-y colour, and I packed that all over my lid. I would recommend doing the eyeshadow before your foundation or concealer, as it has a lot of fallout. 
To darken up the eye, I used a teeny bit of Busted, a dark brown with the tiniest bit of shimmer, on the outer corner. After this, I added more of YDK onto the center of my lid. 
Lastly, I blended a little bit of Tease and Busted underneath my eye and added a little bit of Foxy, the lightest shade in the palette in my inner corner. 

I then drew a thin line of the Maybelline Master Precise Eyeliner across my lashline, and if I'm feeling daring and have 45 minutes to spare, I'll attempt a wing. 
I'm currently using the Benefit They're Real Primer, which I got a sample of in Elle Magazine, and I've got some mixed feelings on it, so I'm thinking about doing a review soon? Let me know please! I then use the regular Benefit They're Real Mascara, which adds so much length and volume to my lashes.

Lastly for eyes, I recently bought the Eylure Fleur de Force 'Simply Fleur' lashes, and I plan on using these on Christmas Day. I bought a really natural pair, as I don't really like the false eyelashes that looks as if a tarantula is stuck to your eyes.
 I've never used false lashes, so that should be interesting...


I've came up with two lip options; a nude and a red lip. For the red lip, I first lined my lips with the Rimmel Exaggerate Lip Liner in Red Diva, which I love. I then go in with the Clinique Colour Pop Lipstick in Poppy Pop. This is just a mini one, as I got it as a freebie in Glamour magazine a few weeks ago. I really like this, it's not really a dark red, but it isn't a bright red shade either, it just looks gorgeous and it makes me want to wear red lipstick more often.

For people who don't like wearing bold lipsticks, I first started off with the MUA Clear Lipliner and applied that all over my lips before applying the L'Oreal Colour Riche Lipstick in J Lo's Nude. I adore this lipstick, it's a pink toned nude that looks so pretty!


So, that is my take on the classic Christmas look, I hope you liked it!

To all of my followers and anyone who's reading this, I hope you all have an amazing Christmas and you get everything you asked for! 
Thank you for reading!

Merry Christmas!

Follow me on Bloglovin here
Follow me on Twitter here

No comments:

Post a Comment