Wednesday 22 April 2015

Current Foundation Routine



To be quite honest, I was very stuck for ideas for this blog post! It's my birthday soon (My birthday is actually the day this post is being uploaded on, so happy birthday to me!) 

I was looking through Bloglovin for inspiration for something to do a post on, and I suddenly thought of doing a foundation routine, as recently I have been changing some of the products I use.



I haven't really changed my primer, I nearly always use the Benefit Porefessional. If I don't use this, then I'll use the Maybelline Baby Skin, but I prefer the Porefessional because I feel it makes my make up last longer. This takes ages to use up, this is only a mini tube and I've been using it for about five or six months I think! I have loads of these mini Porefessionals, and I think I'm going to have to open a new one soon, as mine is almost finished and the tube is all squished from me trying to get product out!


For foundation I've been quite liking mixing foundations. I got the Rimmel Lasting Finish Foundation as a stocking filler at Christmas, and a few weeks later, I realised that it was a shade too dark, which annoyed me, as it had really good coverage and lasted all day on me. So I was doing my make up a few days ago, and I had the idea to mix my Rimmel foundation with something to make it the right shade. I decided to mix it with my Bourjois CC Cream, which matched my skin perfectly, but didn't give me the coverage I wanted. I always use my Real Techniques Expert Face Brush to blend my foundation in, and I really like this brush because it blends everything in and makes it look even,
When  mixed them together, I was very impressed with the result. It had good coverage, didn't feel heavy or look cakey, and matched my skin tone! When I'm going to school, or want a lighter coverage, I will just use the Bourjois CC Cream as a foundation and I'm happy with the way it looks!


I finally managed to get the Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer after weeks of it being sold out at Boots and Superdrug. I still use my Maybelline Fit Me Concealer, but mostly just under my eyes because it covers my dark circles but feels very light, as the Collection concealer is quite thick and I much prefer the Maybelline concealer under my eyes. I use the Collection concealer on any blemishes or redness I have, and it covers it completely! I've recently started using the Real Techniques Deluxe Crease Brush to blend in my concealer. I know it's a blending brush for eyeshadow, but I always use my MAC 217 brush for blending eyeshadow, so I thought using this for concealer would be a good idea, as I hate using my fingers to blend make up in.
Obviously there are days where I don't want to wear a lot of make up, so I'll just put on the Collection concealer, some mascara, a lip product, and I'm good to go!


For powder, I'm still using the Rimmel Stay Matte Powder! I've been using this for over a year now, and I think this is my third one, and as you can see clearly in the photo, it's nearly finished! I love this powder, as it keeps me matte all day and doesn't make me look cakey at all, and it also helps my make up last longer. 
I just use a powder brush I got in a set from Asda last Christmas, and even though it was quite cheap, the quality of the brushes are amazing, they feel so soft on my skin, and aren't scratchy at all!

That is my current foundation routine! I don't wear foundation every day, sometimes I don't have enough time to do my make up in the morning, or I don't want to wear a lot of make up, so I'll just put on concealer. Obviously I have days where I don't wear make up at all, and just let my face breathe! 
Thank you for reading, I hope you enjoyed this post! Be sure to leave a comment below telling me some of the products you use!

Follow me on Twitter here
Follow me on Instagram here
Follow me on Bloglovin here









2 comments:

  1. I have that Asda Brush set as well. It was such a bargain and the brushes are so soft!

    headlinedbyhannah.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. really want to try rimmel foundation and powder. i love maybelline fit me!

    ippykrispy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete