Sunday 28 August 2016

The Makeup Brushes You Need in Your Life

I'm a bit of a brush hoarder, my collection isn't completely out of control, but it is much larger than the average person's. Anyway, I thought I'd show you my favourite makeup brushes that I use everyday, as these are the brushes I'd recommend to everyone!
I've got eight brushes to show you all, and if you've got any recommendations for me, please leave them down below as I'm always up for new brushes!

Just before I start,
sorry this post wasn't up on Wednesday, but school's just started back in Scotland and I'm really busy with all of the work from that just now, but I'm going to try my hardest to pre-write posts so that I won't have to miss another post again, as I hate missing a post on my blog!


The first brush I'm going to mention is the Real Techniques Expert Face Brush. I've had this brush for around 2 and a half years, and it still works just as well as it did when I bought it. I mainly use this for foundation and concealer, and it doesn't leave streaks or move about m foundation. It blends everything out so easily and I find I spend literally a minute or less blending in my foundation because this does the job so easily! And even though this brush is quite old, it's never shed!
If you're going to buy one brush from this post, definitely get this one as it's so good!


Next is the Makeup Revolution Pro F103 Stippling Brush, which I got for my birthday. This is another favourite brush of mine, it pretty much does everything base-wise, it applies foundation, powder, bronzer, blush and highlight so well! I do prefer to use it for either foundation (if I'm loving for a lighter coverage) and bronzer and blush. This is a duo fibre brush (I think? I don't have a clue what I'm talking about tbh), so it applies product really well. This is ridiculously cheap, I think it's only £3.49, and it's one of my favourite brushes! It's also really soft, brushes at that price usually end up scratching half of your face off, but this is such high quality!

Next is the Seventeen Cheek Brush, which is another ridiculously cheap brush, I think this was only £2.99! I mainly use this for blush and bronzer, as it's so soft and is quite small. If you haven't already noticed, brushes aren't a thing I really spend loads on, as the brushes from Boots and Superdrug all work so well and are so affordable!

Lastly for base brushes, I have the Real Techniques Setting Brush. This is one of my favourite brushes, I use it mainly to powder under my eyes, and apply highlighter. This is so soft, and is such a perfect shape so that it fits under your eye really well. This is brush that I can't do my makeup without it, as my concealer creases so fast under my eyes and makes me look like a 80 year old woman in a matter of minutes if I don't set it with powder.


In terms of eye brushes, I have loads of favorites, but I've narrowed it down to my top four! First is the Pro E103 Eyeshadow Blending Brush by Makeup Revolution. This was another ridiculously cheap brush, I think it was only £1.99, which is crazy when you think that people (including me!) pay £17 for the MAC 217 (Which is just not as good!)
This is really soft and it blends out your eyeshadow so well, and I find that I use this brush every time I do eyeshadow!

Next is the Real Techniques Deluxe Crease Brush. I think this is definitely one of my top three brushes, I use this for concealer and eyeshadow mostly, as it's really thick and blends everything really easily. This is the brush I use when I get over-enthusiastic with my eyeshadow, and I end up blending black shadow all the way up to my eyebrow. This just sorts everything out, and makes it look seamless. You can only find this brush in the Real Techniques Eye Brush Set, but if I'm honest, I would buy this whole set just to have this brush, I use it literally everyday!

Next is another Real Techniques Brush, which is also from the Eye Set. This is the Accent Brush, and I use this to blend eyeshadow under my eyes, apply concealer, or apply eyeshadow to my inner corner. This is a teeny weeny little brush, and it works really well at getting into little spaces, and applying powders. 

Lastly, is another brush from the Primark set I talked about earlier. Again, this doesn't have a name, but it's really small, and I love using it to apply my concealer. I mainly use this with my NYX Corrector Palette, so right now, it's incredibly grubby and stained!
This is really soft too, it's not rough like you would expect other cheap brushes to be like!

---

So that is all of the brushes that I would recommend to you all! I hope you liked this post, and again, please leave a comment of your brush recommendations for me, as I'm always open to buying new brushes (even though I clearly don't need any more).

Thank you for reading, and I'll see you soon!

Follow me on Bloglovin here
Follow me on twitter here

10 comments:

  1. I love real techniques brushes, they are just such good quality x
    -Alice
    alicejlorna.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice post! I love Real Techniques Expert Face Brush, I have had it for 2 years too and I find it amazing.
    Róisín
    totallyro.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I love that RT brush, it's so good, I use it for loads of different things! xx

      Delete
  3. I love all Real Techniques brushes, I have the expert face brush and use it for my foundation too, it really is such a lovely brush! Leonie x
    https://prettyrainclouds.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, loads of people use it for foundation! It's so good haha! x

      Delete
  4. I am obsessed with my RT Blush and Setting Brushes, they do their job so well and I rarely ever use the other brushes in my kit. I've got so many makeup brushes in general, and those ones are my must-haves.

    Stephii Mattea xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Like 90% of my brushes are RT, they're so cheap and high-quality! xx

      Delete
  5. I love RT brushes, they're amazing quality and never seem to disappoint!

    Emily xo
    www.emilynewstead.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete