Wednesday 10 August 2016

The Emergency Beauty Bag

Seeing as some of us are going back to school in a few weeks *sob*, I thought I would put together a post on the little 'emergency bag' I carry around in my bag for school. This contains practically everything you would need for school, from makeup top-ups, to plasters!


For makeup, I tend to carry around the products that need to be reapplied throughout the day. 
So the first product I carry around is a concealer. The one in the photo is the Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer, which I love. I normally use my MAC Pro Longwear Concealer for school and use the Collection concealer for top-ups during the day.

I also carry a powder, because if I don't reapply powder halfway through the day, then I look like a greasy mess by the time I get home. I'm using the Soap and Glory One Heck of a Blot Powder just now, which I've hit pan on! I'll most likely just put this in the emergency bag to finish it up, and buy a new Rimmel Stay Matte for my makeup drawers for me to use everyday. I also carry a powder brush around to apply it!

For lips, I usually carry some sort of lip balm and lip product. The Maybelline Baby Lips are really good for no-makeup days, as they're slightly tinted and help moisturise your lips. I also carry about a lipstick or lipgloss that I like. I usually use the L'Oreal Colour Riche Lipstick in J-Lo's Nude, as it's a really pretty pinky-nude shade.


No one wants to stink during school, so I carry around a mini can of deodorant just in case.
I also carry a little perfume sample, this is the Ariana Grande perfume that I love. I normally carry about a body spray with me too, but that's too big to fit inside the makeup bag.

Hand sanitiser is an essential for those times where you accidentally touch a piece of chewing gum under your desk. I normally use the Bath and Body Works ones, as they're the only ones I have. This one is called A Thousand Wishes and smells really nice!


We're all girls here, so I think all of us carries at least one pad/tampon around with them in school. You don't know when mother nature will decided to bless you with your period, so it's good to be prepared!

I also carry around a small stash of plasters and paracetamol. I'm prone to paper cuts, so plasters are an essential for me, as are paracetamol when said mother nature blesses you with not only your period, but cramps too.


I carry a couple of hair baubles around with me, as my hair is really thick and frizzy, and if I don't have time to straighten it, then I most likely just shove it up in a bun in school. To go along with this, I carry a few kirby grips!
I also carry tissues, because everyone needs tissues!
Chewing gum is also a big essential for me, I normally carry a packet in my blazer, but this is my emergency chewing gum for when I don't have any left. That's quite sad, isn't it?

Lastly, I carry some money around with me just in case I need it, whether it be for lunch or a bus or train ticket.

---

I hope this post was helpful to you! I love reading posts like this, and I thought it would be helpful for people like me, who are going back to school soon. 

Thank you for reading, and I'll see you soon!

Follow me on Bloglovin here
Follow me on twitter here

10 comments:

  1. Lip Balm is a must, whether you have make up or not, you need to keep your lips moisturised.
    Great post!
    Angie | Chocolate & Lipstick | Beauty, Fashion & Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. My emergency bag carries the same things but I always carry a pen or a pencil with me too. xx

    Mia | my-world-vibes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I normally carry loads of pens and pencils in my bag and blazers, but I should carry an extra one just in case! x

      Delete
  3. Nice post! I really should put a little money into my emergency kit, I always keep lip balm in it as my lips are forever chapped.
    Róisín
    totallyro.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I've always carried lip balm around with me, it's an essential haha! xx

      Delete
  4. My emergency bag grows in size every year! This post is so useful, thanks for posting it xx
    blossomofhope.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw you're welcome, I'm happy it was helpful! xxx

      Delete
  5. This is the perfect post for back to school! I always forget to include some of these things so this was the perfect reminder! xo

    emsirose.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete