Thursday 8 December 2016

The Sleek Solstice Palette: The Prettiest Highlighting Palette Ever!


Hello again! I thought I'd do a review today, as I've been meaning to do a post on this Sleek highlight palette for ages!
This is just going to be a quick little review, as you're getting a whole 12 posts from me, (is that really a good thing? Actually, don't answer that...)


I've wanted palette for ages, as I saw loads of bloggers using it, and it looked so pretty! Although it was sold out of both Boots and Superdrug for ages, and me and my two friends finally found the last 3 in Boots, while Sleek makeup was on a 3 for 2 offer - if that isn't fate, then I don't know what is!

This cost £9.99, which I think is an amazing price for 4 highlighters. In the palette you get 3 powders, and 1 cream highlight (the one in the top left corner). 
I'm not really a cream highlighter kind of person, so to be honest, I don't get much use out of it, but I do have a lot of love for the powders. 

In this, there's four shades: Ecliptic (the Cream highlight, a bronzy, champagne-y colour. I'd wear this so much more if it was a powder, it's such a pretty colour!), 
Hemisphere - a lilac-y toned shade, this does slightly show up on the skin, but it doesn't look like a big purple streak down your face, it looks so amazing and bright! 
You also have Subsolar - a yellow, warm highlight, this is blinding if you apply too much, so be careful! Lastly there's Equinox - an orangy, peachy shade that I love!

From top to bottom: Eclipse, Hemisphere, Equinox and Subsolar
I normally apply these with either a fan brush or a big eyeshadow blending brush. I find I have to be really light handed with these, or else I end up with a nice white streak across my face. These are certainly not for those 'no makeup' makeup days! 
And they last all day, I can go to school, and come home, and they still look the same as they did when I left!

I do have one little complaint: I got this palette in September (I think), and it's only December and I have these funny little bumps and lumps in Subsolar (the yellow one!), but none of the others. Is this normal? Should I still be using it? I don't know why I'm asking if I should still be using it, I'm still going to practically plaster my face in this regularly anyway!

And for my favourites, it's definitely Equinox and Subsolar, I usually mix them together and I get a really amazing highlight that looks so good. Hemisphere, the purple-y one, scares me a bit, as it's purple and I didn't normally wear shades like that as much, but I'm starting to get a lot more wear out of it now.

Overall, this palette was such a good purchase and I would recommend it to anyone who loves a good highlight! I use this palette literally all the time and I'm so happy I bought it!

---

I hope you liked this little review, I quite liked not doing a huge post talking about just the one product, and shrinking it down loads. 
Anyway, I'm writing this really quite late at night, so I'm going to sign off here!
Thank you for reading, and I'll see you on Saturday!

Follow me on Bloglovin here
Follow me on twitter here

2 comments:

  1. I really dont need anymore highlighters, but I keep hearing such good things about this one. I think in the new year if I can find one I may have to treat myself.
    Kate x

    themakeupartistschoice.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice post! I have the Sleek Highlighting Palette in Precious Metals and I like it, it is my first time getting into highlighting so I'm not too sure what I am doing 50% of the time.
    Róisín
    totallyro.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete