Sunday 30 November 2014

November Favourites!

Hello! This month seems to have gone by so fast, I can't believe that it's only a month until Christmas! (Squeal!)
This is my first monthly favourites post, so I have quite a few to get through!



Make Up:

•Benefit 'Hello Flawless' foundation


I really like this foundation, I got the mini one in a Benefit set that I done a review on a few weeks ago. It gives good coverage, but doesn't feel heavy or look cakey on the skin and looks very natural. As I said, I have a mini version, but I'm planning on buying the full sized one after Christmas.



•Benefit 'They're Real' mascara


I love this mascara! I've been using this mascara for months and it just gives so much volume and length to my lashes. Sometimes it can be a bit clumpy, but you can fix that easily. I have very short eyelashes and this mascara makes them so long and I never look properly awake for school unless I'm wearing this! It's been in make up bags for months, so the packaging is a bit tattered and rubbing off, but when this mascara dries up, I'll definitely repurchase it!



Benefit 'Cheeky Sweet Spot' blush palette



I know there's a lot of Benefit in this post, I'm sorry! My mum bought this palette at the start of November and I love it so much! It has all of the boxed blushes in it (with the exception of Hervana) for £29.50, which is an absolute bargain, as a regular boxed blush is £23.50! It also comes with a mini of the Watts Up highlighter. My favourites are Dandelion, Rockateur and Hoola!



Books and TV shows


•American Horror Story: Freak Show


American Horror Story is one of my favourite TV shows, I've watched all three seasons and loved them! When Freak Show was announced, I was so excited! It's set in the 1960s, and Elsa Mars is running one of the last freak shows in America, and she finds Siamese twins Bette and Dot, who she thinks will save her show and make it popular again. 
There's loads of dark parts, a killer clown and hidden secrets, so you need to pay close attention! If the description doesn't pull you in, then the fact that Evan Peters is in the show should! I've been watching this show religiously since it aired, and I love it!



•The Walking Dead


Oh. My. Gosh. This show is amazing! I started watching this at the end of October, and I was hooked at the first episode! It's about a man called Rick, a police officer who is shot, and wakes up in a world taken over by zombies. He sets off to find his wife and his son, and makes many close encounters with 'walkers' (which is what the zombies are called in the show)! I love this show so much, you're on the edge of your seat for the whole episode and it always takes you by surprise! It can be quite annoying, as you can't have a favourite character, as they always get killed off! It's also quite gory at parts, with blood and boy parts being ripped off and things like that, so if you have a weak stomach, them this might not be the best option for you! 




•Girl Online by Zoella + I met Zoe!


On Tuesday this week, I stood in a queue for over two hours to meet Zoella!
 Zoella is a beauty blogger and Youtuber in case you didn't know (who wouldn't?) and I bought a copy of Girl Online at the signing and I met her! She was so nice, and I was so nervous that I could hardly talk, but she was so kind! 
Girl Online is a story about Penny, a girl who runs a blog of her own all about her life, and deals with anxiety and panic attacks. I haven't completely finished the book yet, but I'm nearly there! It's written so well, you can really relate to Penny and her thoughts. 




Music:


•One Direction- Four

One Direction are my favourite band ever, so there was no doubt that I would get the album! My favourites are Night Changes, Stockholm Syndrome and Act My Age. 


•Taylor Swift- Blank Space

This song is amazing! I have her CD on my Christmas list, but I had to get this song when it came out, it's so good! It's really catchy and the songs that I've listened to from her new album are very different to her old songs and CDs, they were more country and now this CD is very pop!


•Lorde- Yellow Flicker Beat

Lorde is one of my favourite singers, I have her album and it's probably one of my favourite CDs that I own! I don't know how to describe the genre of her music, but the lyrics are quite deep and sometimes sad. It's also the soundtrack to the third Hunger Games Movie, Mockingjay Part One!


So those were my November favourites! I told you I had a few! I'm burning a Christmas candle as I type this and listening to Christmas songs and it's not even December yet...



What's your favourites for this month?


Follow me on Bloglovin' here

Follow me on Twitter here




No comments:

Post a Comment