Wednesday 25 March 2015

Refresh Your Make Up for Spring!


Hello! So it's finally Spring! I was planning on doing a Current Face of the Day or something like that, but lots of bloggers and Youtubers have been doing Spring make up looks, and I thought I could do it too!
I like using foundations with a light coverage, pretty blushes and coral pink lipsticks. I changed my usual weekend make up to a more light, and pinky make up look!

Just to say before I start the rest of the post: I don't wear this make up everyday, I would only wear make up like this at the weekend, and even then, I wouldn't wear it all the time! But this is what I've been wearing most weekends.


Base:

First I use the Maybelline Baby Skin to prime my face. I've had this for a while now but I've recently got into using it, and I really love it! I use this nearly everyday when I put on make up and this helps my make up stay on all day. 
I then use the Benefit Hello Flawless Foundation, I've went back to using this! It feels really light, almost like I'm not wearing any foundation. It gives a good coverage, and looks really natural. I use the Maybelline Fit Me Concealer under my eyes, and on any blemishes. This is a very light concealer, but it hides everything I want to hide! It's very creamy and blends really easily, my only problem is that it creases under my eyes quite easily,so I have to set it right after applying it!
The Rimmel Stay Matte Powder is a must for me, I can get very shiny without powder and it helps to make my make up last longer. As you can see in the picture, I've hit pan and I'm trying to be very careful with it, as the last time I hit pan with this powder, it smashed all over my make up bag!


Cheeks:


I've went a bit crazy on palettes here! To contour, I use the Sleek Face Form Blush and Contour Palette (Wow that was a mouthful!). I really love using this to contour, as it isn't too warm toned or look orange, and it makes me look as if I have cheekbones! Over the past few weeks, I haven't been contouring a lot, I've been doing it quite lightly. For blush I used the Benefit Cheeky Sweet Spot Blush Palette, and used Dandelion, which is a pale, pink colour. It looks so pretty on, it gives a really nice glow to my cheeks! And then for highlight I use the Revlon Highlighting Palette in Rose Glow. This is so pretty! I could talk about this palette for ages, I love it so much! When it's applied on the top of my cheekbones, it adds such a pretty glow! It's a bit glittery, so it might not be for everyone, but it works really well for me. It has bits of pink in it too, so it could double up as a blush.


Eyes:


I've been using my Maybelline Colour Tattoo in Pink Gold a lot recently, it's a really good base for eyeshadow, it's pink with a slight gold shimmer running through it. I always apply this before my eyeshadow, It's very creamy and stays on all day! I've been using my Urban Decay Naked 3 Palette a lot recently. I first use Nooner, which is a pinky-brown matte shade, and apply it to my crease. I then use Strange which is a pinky-white colour, an apply that to the inner corner of my eye. That's really all I've been doing for eyeshadow, I've been keeping it quite simple, but it still looks very pretty.
I always curl my lashes before applying mascara, the ones I use aren't very fancy, they're just regular ones from Superdrug! For mascara, I've been using the Benefit Rollerlash, it just gives so much volume and adds so much length to my eyelashes! I am so obsessed with this mascara, it just ticks all the boxes for me! I'm debating whether I should get the full size of this mascara, or if I should try another one!


Lips:


I've been wearing a lot of different lip products recently, but this is my most worn! This is MAC Lovelorn, which is a sheer pale pink. I love this lipstick so much, it's a lustre, so it's quite sheer, but you can build it up so it's more opaque. It's such a nice, easy colour to wear, it's a really perfect colour for Spring. Not a nude, but not a bright lipstick either! I've got my eye on quite a few MAC lipsticks at the moment, but I'm going to control myself for a while as I've got no money at the moment!

So that is the make up I'm currently loving to wear for Spring! I hope you enjoyed reading, and I'll see you again next week!





1 comment:

  1. Hi, I have nominated you for the Liebster Award! Check out the link on my page http://amber-oneill.blogspot.co.uk/2015/04/the-leibster-award.html to see the rules :)
    xxx

    ReplyDelete